Sign in to follow this  
Terri Schehr

Our friend DrumManTX

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I’d love to meet up with anyone who reaches out, just shoot me a message on here.   

:)

First, I think this is great for you and for Bluecoats. You’re enthusiasm combined with your knowledge is evident and should be great assets, not to mention education is your goal, teachers are among the hardest working (and often unappreciated) people, and this will be an amazing experience and I’m sure it won’t hurt resume wise either.

Second, I’ll hopefully meet you in Lawrence, Lynn, or Cranston. 

Third, I hope Bluecoats gives a free day while you’re in the Boston area. July 4th is a great time to be here. I believe Bloo marches in the Plymouth (pronounced Plimith) parade and used to stay in Duxbury. The route is along the water (or as we say “the root is along the watah”, or maybe we’d say “along the hahbah”) and it’s a great place to be. Some advice, if you are in Plymouth, don’t tell locals you are enjoying Cape Cod. Only tourists consider Plymouth the Cape, actually only tourists call it Cape Cod.:lle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

First, I think this is great for you and for Bluecoats. You’re enthusiasm combined with your knowledge is evident and should be great assets, not to mention education is your goal, teachers are among the hardest working (and often unappreciated) people, and this will be an amazing experience and I’m sure it won’t hurt resume wise either.

Second, I’ll hopefully meet you in Lawrence, Lynn, or Cranston. 

Third, I hope Bluecoats gives a free day while you’re in the Boston area. July 4th is a great time to be here. I believe Bloo marches in the Plymouth (pronounced Plimith) parade and used to stay in Duxbury. The route is along the water (or as we say “the root is along the watah”, or maybe we’d say “along the hahbah”) and it’s a great place to be. Some advice, if you are in Plymouth, don’t tell locals you are enjoying Cape Cod. Only tourists consider Plymouth the Cape, actually only tourists call it Cape Cod.:lle:

However don't miss the samples at Ocean Spray provided you and the corps don't raid the bahgs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

  and used to stay in Duxbury.

I've only know it as Deluxbury.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I've only know it as Deluxbury.

Of course D'bury is an exception. Where most Massachusetts town names ending in bury are said by natives as "bree" for some reason Duxbury is usually said Ducks-berry even by the locals.

The long time Catholic pastor there was the man who for many years ran the Mission Drums contest in Bahstahn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Boston native, I don’t get why folks think we pronounce Boston, Bahstahn.  We pronounce it Boston.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to meet this young man some day and shake his hand!

Very positive person who is open to all sides of our activity. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFitz19 said:

As a Boston native, I don’t get why folks think we pronounce Boston, Bahstahn.  We pronounce it Boston.

The “Bahstahn” or other variations is how lots of folks outside of Route 128 and buying 495 think we say the name of our city that John Winthrop called a “city upon a hill” when he first sailed into Boston on the Arbella (a name familiar to drum corps fans for another reason), is more how they hear it. Remember, people don’t hear accents where the accent is prevalent. A woman I know who taught public speaking at Boston College and St. John’s Seminary and coached many a politician claimed there were three Boston accents, the Brahmin “home of the bean and the cod” accent and the Boston Irish accent, both of which were molded into one by the Kennedy’s.

However, to get the topic back on the man of the hour. I have a feeling that if someone who uses the sign in name DrumManTX talks to the locals, people are not going to ask him if he grew up in Soutie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The rumors of your demise are premature.  :laughing:

 Yes.  DrumManTx will always be welcomed here on DCP . He's a good guy... trustworthy too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know about about Boston but I do say ChiCawgo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know about about Boston but I do say ChiCawgo. 

as long as you don't say ILL ah noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.