I'm sick of waiting - how about you?

:tic:

This off season has me really thirsty for drum corps...

3 days away!

What are you most looking forward to? I am personally looking forward to seeing what Bloo comes out of the gate with - the music really has me intrigued...

• Like 6

Sick of waiting sounds right. I have favorites - SCV, Cavaliers, Scouts - but right now I’m excited to see what all the corps bring to the field. Four shows Saturday through Friday. Thank you Midwest.

• Like 4

I'm pumped to see the fight for 12th!  This year more than usual, things are really going to be crazy.

I know Academy and Mandarins are out for blood.  Colts are in their third year with their program coordinator who gets better every year.  and Troop is always knocking on the door.

Also, who might fall? Scouts seem to usually be the question, but there are others as well.

What's gonna happen?  Stay tuned to find out! hahaha

• Like 4

Thursday can’t come fast enough!!!

• Like 5

And I'm sitting here thinking... the sooner it starts the sooner it will be over...  

It DOES go by so very fast.  As does summer in general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's start from the top

BD- show theme and music seem very typical for BD. I will reserve judgement until I see the whole show put together. Loved 2017 but existential art doesn't always grab me.

SCV- they were on fire last year...if their show is as well as executed as 2017 but as capturing as 16 and 15 this really should be their year.

Crown- OMG the teasers have me excited...after 2 shows that I didn't like this might be the best crown show ever.

Cavaliers- I want to see where their ceiling is. I loved the propoganda program but wasn't into men are from Mars this group is trending up, on an anniversary year and they are beefing up their brass? Sounds good to me...just hope I like the program.

Bluecoats- 1. I am a bluecoats Homer 2. Some of my favorite all time shows are old school jazz shows. 3. The ballad is promising... I think there is nothing NOT to like. Hoping this show makes it to the top. I know I will like it though.

Boston- the most fun group in the top 6 to watch grow and develop. Looking for a show as capturing as last year with more growth and development. I want them to bring me to tears again.

The Cadets- the most interesting group to follow this season..my expectation is a rebuilding year. I wish them all the best.

BK- My favorite corps without a medal. I always love a good, deep, programmatic, kind of strange BK show. I can't wait to see what they do with Pink Floyd. More for the prediction thread but I think they will be stuck in 7th all season

Phantom- don't know what to expect. They just weren't phantom last year. New world 89 was classic but new world 18? Don't know.

Blue Stars- I look forward to the lush romantic sounds of their brass. Did you hear them last year?

Crossmen- hoping for an original and intriguing program like we have seen the past 2 years.

Madison- hoping for big, bad, fun Madison with one heck of a solo

As for the rest really like the music for the OC and music City and expecting great shows from the mandarins and the Academy. Hoping the Cascades will be a crowd pleaser too.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2