Clovis, CA - June 22, 2018

Just now, DCIdad said:

Mandarins score 2.5 pts higher than same performance last year. Honest question - is that significant or is it impossible to compare scores across years? 

Impossible to compare scores across years, but I would be very very very surprised if the Mandarins were not in fact that much better than last year. JW is a stud! As soon as they got him, I was like, her comes the Mandarins.

After seeing all the shows via numerous means, SCV and BD might be fighting for the top 2 spots again. Great start for the West Coast. I'm digging these shows the most so far.

4 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Not too far behind SCV!First in Guard, percussion, and brass! And without a full show! They can do it!

Wow, 0.7 down in Vis Analysis...there’s your gap right there.

Man I wish BD would get dinged for that annoying synth bass, just don’t get that aesthetic! Show is way cool, tho’.

Going to be quite a season!

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

71.30 BD

70.70 SCV

SCV 1st Brass, Percussion and Guard

BD 1st GE and Visual

BD  1st in the captions that tend to matter most.

Just now, ExPitster said:

Wow, 0.7 down in Vis Analysis...there’s your gap right there.

Man I wish BD would get dinged for that annoying synth bass, just don’t get that aesthetic! Show is way cool, tho’.

Going to be quite a season!

Yep. I thought it was rather dirty visually tonight in comparison to BD. Plus it's ambitious with all white uniforms, but later on it could have big payoff. With a full show and some time to clean, they can close that gap.

• Like 1