Stanford, CA - June 23, 2018

8 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I hope I get to see that last minute tonight. I am going just to see Vanguard and BK. (and BDB of course)

I heard the closer is going in at Pacific Procession on Tuesday :(

• Like 1

I was most impressed by Mandarins last night, they sounded great and more mature and I thought the design was another hit. Troopers kind of bored me. Academy were doing some nice things but I don't like all the props and random narration, makes the show feel muddled a bit to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flammaster said:

Very very few drum corps have had shows with ok singing. Bluecoats are doing ok and Boston did it tastefully. Pop does not belong in drum corps period. 

Garfield did it ok in 77; and in 94 the VK guard girl who sang the note for the fat lady (before the shark ate the fat lady) was well done as well.

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Garfield did it ok in 77; and in 94 the VK guard girl who sang the note for the fat lady (before the shark ate the fat lady) was well done as well.

Who is doing pop that people are talking about?

2 minutes ago, CorpSmother said:

Nope. No closer. 

I sad BD was complete. not SCV. I'm sure BD's closer will change, but the full show as it is now was on the field last night.

2 minutes ago, Sanguinarian22 said:

I believe it was initially in reference to Mandarins version of "True Colors"

That makes sense. Yes. I actually didn't mind that part and I usually hate singing. The whole show was so good that the signing didn't really bother me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

That makes sense. Yes. I actually didn't mind that part and I usually hate singing. The whole show was so good that the signing didn't really bother me.

I couldn't agree more. And the vocals do add to that creepy/weird theme throughout the show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I heard the closer is going in at Pacific Procession on Tuesday :(

Pacific Procession is tomorrow and it’s an exhibition show now. Going to head over there to see them rehearse the closer, which sounded glorious in encore last night.