Akron, OH - June 23, 2018

Just now, Cappybara said:

This makes me really happy. Phantom hasn't quite returned to the powerhouse of a hornline they were known for in the 90s and 2000s, but they sound so much better already this year 

Maybe it was the theater or the feed, but they sounded improved from Thursday's premier too.  

I just use this site's scores layout.  

Saw Bones to the end. Can’t disagree with most of the recap all of the shows enjoyable for this time of year

34 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Crown wins brass and percussion, the spread is in GE. Once Crown gets the closer on the field and starts layering, should get a bit tighter yet. 

And once Bluecoats gets more material on the field... It won't much matter.  There is that myth out there year after year that corps X has something to add that corps Y doesn't.  Ultimately, these two groups are competitive in nearly all captions as we can see from the comparison from night 1 to 2.  Will have to wait longer to see a trend or topping out in certain areas.  These shows are as different as can be... tough to know what will come of it given the technical achievements of each group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

There is that myth out there year after year that corps X has something to add that corps Y doesn't.

Thing is... last year Bloo really didn't add anything from Premiere to Finals. Everything was fleshed out and locked in from the first show, and it hurt them at the end of the long run.

I normally agree with the sentiment that this phrase is just a myth, but it came to fruition last year, certainly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

And once Bluecoats gets more material on the field... It won't much matter.  There is that myth out there year after year that corps X has something to add that corps Y doesn't.  Ultimately, these two groups are competitive in nearly all captions as we can see from the comparison from night 1 to 2.  Will have to wait longer to see a trend or topping out in certain areas.  These shows are as different as can be... tough to know what will come of it given the technical achievements of each group.

Technically it’s going to be a dog fight between these two. But the key is GE. Crown is lacking in GE without the rest of the show being on the field. I suspect that will help things for them just a bit. Whether it’s enough to help then beat Bluecoats, I don’t know. That will be tough.