2018 singing and narration

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK so let the brass & percussion play and march.   I know I am a dinosaur, but all the vocals a show needs are the DM's commands and perhaps 27 counting off the first 27 counts (see video)  

THAT'S what that was !!!!  After 28 years, I now get it!!  Thank you!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Piccolos carry just fine. 

Yes but they’re never in tune...

17 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I won’t be too upset when woodwinds are inevitably introduced to drum corps, but if it never happens I’m definitely ok with that too. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Good. The Cadets and crown both had too much last year. Boston's was tasteful though. 

I thought I caught some singing while skimming through crossmen preview but I don't know how much.

I think Cadets this year have done a better job with the vocalists from what I have heard. Just my thought.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK so let the brass & percussion play and march.   I know I am a dinosaur, but all the vocals a show needs are the DM's commands and perhaps 27 counting off the first 27 counts (see video)  

So wish they had won that night. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

A 3-star general once told me you should never do math in public...

And I work as a nuclear engineer. Sleep tight. Nothing to worry about. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, crownisking said:

BD does all of their singing/narration prerecorded and they are the best at using it, IMO. 

I agree.  BD (& Bloo too IMO) mix electronics better than any other corps hands down.  They also have gigantic sound systems, way bigger/louder than any other corps. 

But I hate to even say that... because 'sound mixing' and sound systems with EQ that could blast a rock concert shouldn't even be a thing in drum corps and yet it is, albeit an unjudged one!

1 hour ago, luv4corps said:

I agree.  BD (& Bloo too IMO) mix electronics better than any other corps hands down.  They also have gigantic sound systems, way bigger/louder than any other corps. 

But I hate to even say that... because 'sound mixing' and sound systems with EQ that could blast a rock concert shouldn't even be a thing in drum corps and yet it is, albeit an unjudged one!

arms race