WAAAAAAAAY Too Early Caption Comparisons from Midwest and West Coast Premieres

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again here.

These judges have tabulation sheets that go over many aspects of judging in that particular caption. Detailed questions are asked and answered and judgments are put into a specific category of how well you did x y and z and how well in those subcategories of ratings/boxes you did x y and z. The score sheets from what I remember them looking like, are pretty specific, and for captions other than GE, which I understand is more subjective by nature, scores can and should be taken literally and should be able to be compared from one show to another. They by nature of the captions and the specificities in the tabulation sheets are seemingly much more objective, yet we maintain that this isn't the case, and thus the reason for my consternation.

The only seeming cause for discrepancies in scores across shows would be a judge sampling different parts of the same caption of the same corps on different days. Or that one judge might "interpret" a tabulation sheet differently than another. Two judges Interpreting the same show differently when the sheets are specific, tells me one judge must have been wrong. When the spread is like .3 or more in that caption. 

Finals weekend should have at least two judges in every single subcaption, and 3 each in GE. 

Raise ticket prices by $2 each and that should be more than enough to pay for the extra cost. 

I'm going to go ahead and assume, for the time being, that these 3 judges judged these two shows the same, and that their captions can indeed be compared. Logic would dictate that given the specific nature of their captions. Especially Lo on brass and the one on visual analysis.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

1 minute ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again here.

These judges have tabulation sheets that go over many aspects of judging in that particular caption. Detailed questions are asked and answered and judgments are put into a specific category of how well you did x y and z and how well in those subcategories of ratings/boxes you did x y and z. The score sheets from what I remember them looking like, are pretty specific, and for captions other than GE, which I understand is more subjective by nature, scores can and should be taken literally and should be able to be compared from one show to another. They by nature of the captions and the specificities in the tabulation sheets are seemingly much more objective, yet we maintain that this isn't the case, and thus the reason for my consternation.

The only seeming cause for discrepancies in scores across shows would be a judge sampling different parts of the same caption of the same corps on different days. Or that one judge might "interpret" a tabulation sheet differently than another. Two judges Interpreting the same show differently when the sheets are specific, tells me one judge must have been wrong. When the spread is like .3 or more in that caption. 

Finals weekend should have at least two judges in every single subcaption, and 3 each in GE. 

Raise ticket prices by $2 each and that should be more than enough to pay for the extra cost. 

I'm going to go ahead and assume, for the time being, that Saucedo and Lo judged these two shows the same, and that their captions can indeed be compared. Logic would dictate that given the specific nature of their captions. Especially Lo on brass. And the one on visual analysis.

That’s not the way it works 

thats not the way any of this works lol 

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

That’s not the way it works 

thats not the way any of this works lol 

It might not be 100% in reality but it is what DCI wants to happen. The goal is a 14.5 in brass in Ohio is a 14.5 on the same night if that corps was in California. The kicker for this activity and WGI for that matter as well is Judges have to rank and rate at the same time so these numbers start to fluctuate a bit. I've seen plenty of times where a corps will score a point back of another corps for weeks and when they finally meet up, they beat the corps they've been behind all of sudden. I don't use scores across different shows to rank corps individually. I do use them though to group corps together to see who is in the same league of each other.

DCI themselves post up rankings every week using scores from different shows and different nights. They include facts on highest scores throughout the season in recaps and announce the first corps that break 80 and 90. For the a while now (not sure if this year is the same), the San Antonio lineup was ordered using scores from two different shows as not everyone has gone head to head yet. DCI themselves are using scores to compare corps even across different shows so why can't we as well?