Flo still sucks!

9 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I never have any issues streaming other content and I do so almost daily. I had as many issues streaming in a whole season when DCI handled it than I do in one showing with blo. I will try a direct line in but that is what they had at Concord Pavilion for Finals and it froze 6 times so I do not buy the gaslighting of "it's your equipment" in this day and age there should be no issues.

Out of curiosity, are you watching via an app or via their website?

I had almost NO issues with Flo during the 2017 DCI season, but during this past 2018 WGI season I experienced CONSTANT freezes and buffering when streaming from the website to the point where it completely ruined the experience (because when it would unfreeze, it would jump ahead to live view again). I constantly emailed their support and they just kept telling me that everything was streaming fine on THEIR end (well, DUH...you guys are the ones sending the feed). My speed tests showed that I was pulling 100+ Mbps, and I had NO issues streaming via ANY other service. I even tried different browsers, but had the same issue. BUT when I used the Apple TV Flo app, I had NO issues at all during the same event. I was convinced there was some sort of issue specifically related to accessing their stream through their website. So far with 2018 DCI, I'm 2 for 2 (Akron and Stanford) with smooth stream experiences.

No issues with either livestream via website last night! Used an Ethernet cable for stability. Only froze once on a commercial. Sound seemed a little out of balance in Akron(front ensembles were too loud), but was really nice in Stanford! I have really subpar internet as well(I'm almost sure it's well below average). Overall a whole different experience compared to last year. If I was going to be around this summer I would renew!

I'll add my data point to the statistical collective. I was streaming from Charter spectrum wifi, through Amazon fire TV stick, to Firefox web browser on my TV. Other than the fact that I couldn't figure out how to make the stream full screen, I had no problems at all. I'm impressed my fire stick was able to keep up with the stream going through a specialized web browser like that.

I thought the streams were much better thus far... :thumbs-up:

Please help me readers or users.  I bought my subscription this week, but Akron looked like I was watching through a lens that was being sprayed with water, nothing was clear, on any device I tried.  Sound was good, other than the announcer who just about blew my speakers out.  When I turned on the CA show, the picture was perfect going from my computer (I use Google chrome and go through the website), but suddenly my picture froze and then I got that that 3/4 circle going around and round and a picture saying my show would start soon.  Very frustrated right now.  Do I need faster wifi or signal boosting from the wireless router?  Help me out.  Two years ago I had the DCI feed and had viewing parties with my kids for a lot of shows.  I was hoping to do that again this year!

5 hours ago, flammaster said:

I never have any issues streaming other content and I do so almost daily. I had as many issues streaming in a whole season when DCI handled it than I do in one showing with blo. I will try a direct line in but that is what they had at Concord Pavilion for Finals and it froze 6 times so I do not buy the gaslighting of "it's your equipment" in this day and age there should be no issues.

You can reach out to Flo during shows. Their trouble shooting has improved greatly 

23 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s been good for us and we’re in a hotel room watching on an iPad.  I was expecting trouble because it wouldn’t be on our home equipment. None so far. 

Glad it worked for you guys.  I was at a hotel too, and even brought my Roku so I could watch the shows, but hotel wireless was awful and picture was terribly pixelated.  Finally I tethered the Roku to my phone and had to use my mobile data plan.  That worked out fine except for the 2GB of data it took up.  But net is I think Flo was fine.  Sound was iffy but not enough to get worked up.  I still get to see drum corps throughout the season.

Hope I have not jinxed myself for next week.

• Like 1

I haven't subscribed yet, but when I do, really hoping to NOT see footage of things like guard changing flags on the sidelines & pit members' mid-sections.  I expect the sound/vid quality & feed to be similar to last year.  Just hope the camera work is a little more savvy!

22 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I haven't subscribed yet, but when I do, really hoping to NOT see footage of things like guard changing flags on the sidelines & pit members' mid-sections.  I expect the sound/vid quality & feed to be similar to last year.  Just hope the camera work is a little more savvy!

Based on last night, they seem to have gotten their act together with camera angles. Last year I was ready to throw things at the TV constantly with the nonstop ultra closeups of soloists, pit and focal points that weren't the focal points at the time. Yesterday had a good mix of high camera and field work that was much more "Blair-ish" in nature. 

If this continues, it looks like they did their homework and really corrected after the avalanche of cranky feedback they got last season.

19 hours ago, CorpsRelic said:

GREAT JOB FLO!  in my second year with FLO, this was by far the highest quality camera coverage, Video/Audio yet to be delivered. (AS viewed on my PC with high speed COX internet)

HOWEVER,, the Feed on my Lap Top, HMDi connected to big screen, froze and buffered for long stretches time. Frustrating & irratating. Perhaps a WIFi issue?! I am not a IT wiz.

I try to avoid using WiFi while streaming shows. I try to always run wired which may  or may not be possible in everyone's setup. 

• Like 1