Flo still sucks!

9 hours ago, NakedEye said:

and focal points that weren't the focal points at the time.

Really nice way of putting it...  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

Streaming over WiFi?

Not even once.

no choice in my house unfortunately if i want to run it thru the TV. and after the Oklahoma massacre last year, it's improved greatly

I think FLO is almost there but when watching drum corp any glich can ruin a whole show. They are still limiting the bandwidth somewhat and their ad insertion is intrusive meaning all home buffers are emptied and reloaded.
You see that with the constant definition changes going on with the field, takes a few IFrame GOPs (groups of pictures) to stablize. The buffers are also occasionally challenged durning the show when the field looses definition which is somewhat tolerable but can lead to an audio glitch which is unacceptable and still occurs ocassionally. Other streaming sites use cicular buffers that don't interupt the framing as much and have their bandwidth set high enough to avoid pitfalls with the challenging last mile to the home.

Check out other streaming sites like Nugs.net where they live stream concerts flawlessly. You also can scan your ticket stub from the show and watch it off the cloud at will. Love to see FLO do that.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

no choice in my house

Not with that attitude!

Single story home? You have an attic? Done deal.

Multi-level home, with main screen on first floor? Trickier, but not impossible. It’s worth the hassle in the long run, trust me.

5 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I try to avoid using WiFi while streaming shows. I try to always run wired which may  or may not be possible in everyone's setup. 

Thank You CrownBariDad.  I am NOT IT savvy. Please explain what you mean by "I always run "wired" which may or may not be possible in everyone's setup. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can share with this "Corps Relic".

11 minutes ago, CorpsRelic said:

Thank You CrownBariDad.  I am NOT IT savvy. Please explain what you mean by "I always run "wired" which may or may not be possible in everyone's setup. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can share with this "Corps Relic".

hook up whatever device you're using (pc/roku/etc) directly to your router with an ethernet cord

if you're using an ipad, you can get an ethernet adapter

Jumping in to this thread. Your Modem where you get the WiFi password from has ports for direct connections using Ethernet wire & connectors that use the same type connector on each end that will maximize your bandwidth. Easier said than done depending on where each is situated. However for this to help FLO you would also be having issues with other sites that stream video if it's just FLO then follow their help advice about Java Versions and Preferred Browsers. Wi-Fi should handle streaming as long your W-Fi is showing a few bars of reception

3 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

Not with that attitude!

Single story home? You have an attic? Done deal.

Multi-level home, with main screen on first floor? Trickier, but not impossible. It’s worth the hassle in the long run, trust me.

Not running several wires and ripping up ceilings and floors and walls just to stream a drum corps show. it's been working much better, so i'm fine

Edited by Jeff Ream