Burning questions after Saturday night

Just now, Bluzes said:

Are we experiencing a more jazzy (melodic) SCV & Bluecoats? Along with BD seems "All That Jazz" is rising to the top. Is that what the members want to play these days? Also does SCV's show end on the drum solo? Has that been done before?

Full closer isn't on the field yet. They played it during the encore last night though.

1 minute ago, MusicManNJ said:

That wasn't shock... it was elation... they finished strong (as the Cadets of that ear did). And I know because I was with them as well as with the SCV staff. When people saw the sheets they were upset because of the perfect score. But before the sheets it was clear Cadets performed to win and SVC not to lose.

This point I agree. 

6 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I mean, this is 30 years ago.

It's kind of like saying that the historical records of the 1980's Bears are relevant to what Chicago will do in the NFC North this season.

Yes, very true. SCV had very very strong finishes in 2016 and 2017, as well as 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. That is the trend.

Thanks SCV's encore was great anything they add to that show will just make it harder to beat. This early  in the season seems there is a lot going on in the show even if it's not spread all over the field, yet. From what was already discussed in this forum SCV''s visual should not be an issue considering their staff additions this year, like a good problem to have at this point in the season.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Thanks SCV's encore was great anything they add to that show will just make it harder to beat. This early  in the season seems there is a lot going on in the show even if it's not spread all over the field, yet. From what was already discussed in this forum SCV''s visual should not be an issue considering their staff additions this year, like a good problem to have at this point in the season.

I found the encore on youtube.. search Santa Clara Vanguard 2018 closer stand-still.. monster closer!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Are we experiencing a more jazzy (melodic) SCV & Bluecoats? Along with BD seems "All That Jazz" is rising to the top. Is that what the members want to play these days? Also does SCV's show end on the drum solo? Has that been done before?

It’s abou ###### time. Imo jazz should be a fundamental style of drum corps, and I hope this year is the beginning of a trend in that direction.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Alzam81 said:

I found the encore on youtube.. search Santa Clara Vanguard 2018 closer stand-still.. monster closer!!!

YAAAS MELLOS!

My goodness, Metropolis with those mellophones...its not fair that othe corps have to compete with that. You can imagine what the drill will be like for that piece, it’s gonna be a two minute standing ovation.

Edited by MikeRapp

13 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Burning questions after Saturday night

DgQvGujVQAAtgwI.jpg:large

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

No, that was not clear. I don't know where you are coming up with this stuff. Both performed to win. Both were exceptional. It was probably my favorite top 2 ever, along with last year's top 2. Losing by 0.1 is hardly playing not to lose. Garfield was exceptional. It happens. It was a beautifully crafted show and I can understand why the judges wanted to reward it so well.

Yes... it was. I was there. I was with BOTH staffs on the field (including Hannum and Hardimon). SCV was awesome at the beginning of the season. There was a 3 week period in July where they did not improve. It was very odd. They were tight on finals night. It did not help that Gail was wearing the 1985 with a line through it to REMIND everyone how Cadets stormed finals that year to beat them. SCV was a great corps that year with a great show... as were Cadets. And yes... it could have gone either way and I would have been fine with that as well. But on that night... Cadets were the better Corps. SCV did not have as strong a run and I believe more could have been done during mid season to propel them further that wasn't. Again, I would be very happy for them to prove me wrong and be successful this year. Time will tell. I can't wait to see them live.