Burning questions after Saturday night

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I believe they have already been beaten once. And SCV has a history of starting strong and not being able to finish. This year may be different but there is a lot of work to be done by all the corps so we will just have to wait for San Antonio.

Where is this supposed history of starting strong and not being able to finish? I can think of two years since I joined the activity (in 1984) where perhaps SCV started strong and faded - 2007 & 2015. I wouldn't even call 2015 a spectacular fade. It's not like they came out in first and finished 5th. At highest during that year, they were probably 4th. And, to be clearer, when I said beatable I meant at finals. Not today. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

Wouldn't that be something if the Mandarins were able to beat the Cadets? Who knows what can happen? Mandarins definitely have a program that has a tremendous potential. They just need to keep adding, cleaning and enjoying the performance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

No experts here. All in good fun, so none of this should bother anyone. 

Oh you’re right. Me so silly

the members of one corps stick with it even though their director sexually assaulted members and staff and entirely new leadership takes over the reigns 4 weeks before ST - then we as “fans” rip them to shreds on performance #1

other corps might as well “give up” as other so called fans say BD is clearly going to win after 2 shows and everyone else is just “competing for second”

sometimes the fans need to remember these are young kids and young adults PAYING to do this for our entrainment 

yeah -but prematurely rant away.,. all in good fun!

honestly one of the biggest issues this activity has is some of the so called legacy fans

all of course just my opinion, and all in good fun 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

the members of one corps stick with it even though their director sexually assaulted members and staff and entirely new leadership takes over the reigns 4 weeks before ST - then we as “fans” rip them to shreds on performance #1

other corps might as well “give up” as other so called fans say BD is clearly going to win after 2 shows and everyone else is just “competing for second”

sometimes the fans need to remember these are young kids and young adults PAYING to do this for our entrainment 

honestly one of the biggest issues this activity has is some of the so called legacy fans

yay?

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Didn't really see anyone 'ripping' the Cadets - did read that someone thought their show had structural problems. I don't really know that we can have discussions on here without expressing our honest opinions on the relative competitive merits of the shows.

I stand by my statement that if the Mandarins beat the Cadets I'll eat my hat, but I hope no one thinks I'm ripping on the Mandarins.

• Like 2

The correct answer is “ it’s june. Lots can and will happen”

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Preach! 100% agree with this. I'll always be hoping for Crown to be great but that's never going to stop me from appreciating and supporting other corps.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I stand by my statement that if the Mandarins beat the Cadets I'll eat my hat, but I hope no one thinks I'm ripping on the Mandarins.

Like everyone is saying, anything can happen. 

BUT!! If this ends up happening, can we all get video evidence? 

• Haha 1