Burning questions after Saturday night

9 minutes ago, Sanguinarian22 said:

Like everyone is saying, anything can happen. 

BUT!! If this ends up happening, can we all get video evidence? 

I'm sure something would have to be done. But I am not going to sit up at night thinking about it

Edited by mfrontz

LOL....everyone take a deep breath. I think SCV at this point is playing the best.....but their show lacks a visual presentation, color, field coverage, etc. Corp even seems smaller than a full  corps because they are condensed in the middle of the field through most of the show that they had fielded so far, great for music execution, poor for visual impact. This could be the best corps music wise, but take a beating in visual and GE captions. Right now I have to give them the edge, incredible soloists...best I've heard...ever, incredible hornline, incredible drumline.

6 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

LOL....everyone take a deep breath. I think SCV at this point is playing the best.....but their show lacks a visual presentation, color, field coverage, etc. Corp even seems smaller than a full  corps because they are condensed in the middle of the field through most of the show that they had fielded so far, great for music execution, poor for visual impact. This could be the best corps music wise, but take a beating in visual and GE captions. Right now I have to give them the edge, incredible soloists...best I've heard...ever, incredible hornline, incredible drumline.

Even though they swept GE last night? I don't think GE will be their weakness this year. Visual? Perhaps. But they did have pretty high visual scores after a rather sloppy run last night in terms of drill (imo it was sloppy at least). I wish they had something planned in terms of prop design. I feel like that would help out a lot in thematic design. I will agree about color. I love the guard unis and flags, but the corps uniforms look rather bland from a distance.

Edited by kinetic inferno11

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Even though they swept GE last night? I don't think GE will be their weakness this year. Visual? Perhaps. But they did have pretty high visual scores after a rather sloppy run last night in terms of drill (imo it was sloppy at least).

They swepted GE because BD is still dirty, through Crown, Bloo, and Cavies in the mix.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

They swepted GE because BD is still dirty, through Crown, Bloo, and Cavies in the mix.

They are both dirty. And BD even has a "complete" (I use this term lightly since we all know it'll be changed later on) show compared to an unfinished SCV. BD swept GE in Clovis while SCV did it last night, so there needs to be some time before it is decided if GE will be detrimental to either group. Also last night I thought BD was gonna walk away with the win because I felt they were the cleaner of the two last night. Felt the spread should've definitely been closer.

Edited by kinetic inferno11

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Oh you’re right. Me so silly

the members of one corps stick with it even though their director sexually assaulted members and staff and entirely new leadership takes over the reigns 4 weeks before ST - then we as “fans” rip them to shreds on performance #1

other corps might as well “give up” as other so called fans say BD is clearly going to win after 2 shows and everyone else is just “competing for second”

sometimes the fans need to remember these are young kids and young adults PAYING to do this for our entrainment 

yeah -but prematurely rant away.,. all in good fun!

honestly one of the biggest issues this activity has is some of the so called legacy fans

all of course just my opinion, and all in good fun 

Sorry to offend George. I started this thread because it's fun to predict and speculate...and I see very little bashing here...and absolutely none directed towards the MMs. 

2 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Where is this supposed history of starting strong and not being able to finish? I can think of two years since I joined the activity (in 1984) where perhaps SCV started strong and faded - 2007 & 2015. I wouldn't even call 2015 a spectacular fade. It's not like they came out in first and finished 5th. At highest during that year, they were probably 4th. And, to be clearer, when I said beatable I meant at finals. Not today. 

1985, 1986. In 1987... they started strong... peaked in July and I watched as they just did not get any better for a few weeks. I agree with 2007 and 2015. Again, finishing has never been their strong suit. Happy to have them prove me wrong this year. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

1985, 1986. In 1987... they started strong... peaked in July and I watched as they just did not get any better for a few weeks. I agree with 2007 and 2015. Again, finishing has never been their strong suit. Happy to have them prove me wrong this year. Time will tell.

I marched '85, '86 and '87 (not SCV) and you're wrong. In 1985 Blue Devils hammered them in June. They ended up passing Blue Devils and beating Garfield at DCI East, and eventually finished 2nd at finals. That's hardly starting strong and peaking in July. In '86 the only corps that beat them was Blue Devils and the only corps that they didn't beat was Blue Devils. So, they started right behind BD and finished right behind BD (with a very comfortable margin over 3rd place Cavaliers 97.0 to 95.7. In '87 they were undefeated and lost finals by 0.1. That is hardly peaking too earlier or starting strong and fading. Furthermore, a F'ed up percussion judge arguably cost them the title in '87. 

Edited by queenanne_1536

5 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said: