Sacramento, CA - June 24 ,2018

Go Troop- Happy 60th

• Like 1

There is one person scoping partial shows at this at least 

Mandarins just finished. 

Wow.  This show is absolutely crazy good.

Im struggling to see a way that this show does not make finals.  

One minor point of concern: the massive rotating stage in the center of the field is a BEAST to load in, assemble, and load out.  They isn’t much room for error before time penalties might be a concern. I know they are working hard on working out all of the kinks, which is good.   

• Like 3

Blue Knights just finished.  

They sounded great, but didn’t offer a ton visually.  Also, I’m not sure if it’s their uniforms/costumes, the props, staging/drill, and or something else but they looked really small on the field.  The person next to me said they looked like a bus didn’t make it to the show.  Lol

i usually really like BK and their cool, super-future-isric shows, but this season’s show left me a little flat.       So much talent!  I’ll really look forward to see how they grow this show over the summer.  

14 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Mandarins just finished. 

Wow.  This show is absolutely crazy good.

Im struggling to see a way that this show does not make finals.  

One minor point of concern: the massive rotating stage in the center of the field is a BEAST to load in, assemble, and load out.  They isn’t much room for error before time penalties might be a concern. I know they are working hard on working out all of the kinks, which is good.   

Right. They are amazing. 

One thing about the Mandarin's - had the opportunity to hear the brass line from field level a couple of weeks ago, and I feel they are significantly better than a year ago, but not sure we're seeing that yet on the score sheet. A more complex show flow this year, so maybe they're a little slower out of the gate as a result. Will be interesting to see how that develops. 

• Thanks 1

BD just finished. 

This a great show and I love how they recreate the painting during the show. It’s fantastic.  There are some great moments but I feel like the show is lacking some cohesion.  I kinda find the amount of unfinished guard work a little unacceptable. (That’s a little too strong, but you know I mean... hopefully)

i think this show can win it all, but it isn’t far from a lock. I enjoyed the show (something I can’t say for every BD shownthe past few years).   

One last thought on BD.   I kinda feel like they set the tone in terms of innovation the past few years.  Now, as other corps start copying/honoring/building on whatnot they’ve done, the shows don’t feel as fresh as they used to.  I’m not sure if that is a bad thing. Just something to think about.  

• Like 2