Sacramento, CA - June 24 ,2018

41 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

1. BD - 72.700 (GE, Visual, Guard, Brass)

2. SCV - 72.450 (Music, Percussion)

3. BK - 66.800

4. Mandarins - 66.200

5. Academy - 63.450

6. Troopers - 60.950

A few thoughts:

1) phew...all is right in the world again for BD fans.

2) Where is Treefiddy who was declaring the season over last night and assuring us that SCV and SCVC would both win it all?

3) Slotting...or something...

3 hours ago, TRacer said:

My kid is at this show with SCVC...any word? I am one time zone west of Sacto so they should have gone on by now...

They did great, even the though the sun was right in their eyes and the wind kicked up in time for the show to give all the guards a major challenge. I really like SCVC’s show this year. They have a great, mature sound, and I think the design is superior to BDB’s. I’m guessing they’re only trailing because their show isn’t complete yet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

They did great, even the though the sun was right in their eyes and the wind kicked up in time for the show to give all the guards a major challenge. I really like SCVC’s show this year. They have a great, mature sound, and I think the design is superior to BDB’s. I’m guessing they’re only trailing because their show isn’t complete yet. 

Totally agree.   I really enjoyed the show!  I predict SCVC will win Open Class this year.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Also, Mandarins are on a mission!  Could they be this year's Boston?

Jump 6 placement positions ? from 13th to 7th ? No , Thats not going to happen, imo. That said, I could see Mandarins moving up from 13th to 12th or 11th... and maybe to as high as 10th this summer ( 3 placement positions ) if things break just right for them this season. it depends on how others do in this range too. I can see at the moment however that a Finals spot is definately within their reach come August.

20 minutes ago, brassboy said:

And they had gum in their hair and Russia.. what happened