Mason, OH - June 25, 2018

Just now, xandandl said:

some interesting variations of 4th and 5th in sub-captions between Crossmen and Regiment; BAC second in Guard; Bloo first in Music Analysis while Crown takes other music captions.  It's starting to become an interesting season already.

Yeah, it is

Good job tonite by Boston too. Shaved 7 tenths off their spread with Carolina Crown. From 2.70 tenths to 2.05 points.

Crossmen and Phantom Regiment locked in a tight race.. Nice bump in score for Madison Scouts..

Bluecoats... what can you say... off to a great early start to the season for them !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

some interesting variations of 4th and 5th in sub-captions between Crossmen and Regiment; BAC second in Guard; Bloo first in Music Analysis while Crown takes other music captions.  It's starting to become an interesting season already.

Closed 2 points on Phantom . 

end of year possibly .

1-3. Bluecoats, BD , SCV  

3-5. Crown ,Cavies 

6. Boston 

7-10 .Blue Knights, Cadets , Phantom , and Crossmen could all be very close 

11-15. Mandarins , Blue Stars , Academy ,  Madison  and Possibly Colts fighting it out . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 777hornman said:

Closed 2 points on Phantom . 

end of year possibly .

1-3. Bluecoats, BD , SCV  

3-5. Crown ,Cavies 

6. Boston 

7-10 .Blue Knights, Cadets , Phantom , and Crossmen could all be very close 

11-15. Mandarins , Blue Stars , Academy ,  Madison  and Possibly Colts fighting it out . 

How are they not in the group above?

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Good job tonite by Boston too. Shaved 7 tenths off their spread with Carolina Crown. From 2.70 tenths to 2.05 points.

Crossmen and Phantom Regiment locked in a tight race.. Nice bump in score for Madison Scouts..

Bluecoats... what can you say... off to a great early start to the season for them !

I thought it was interesting that the Crossmen beat Phantom in Percussion.  Their last competition was the opposite.

12 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

end of year possibly .

11-15. Mandarins  . 

Highly doubt Mandarins finish the same as last season ( 13th). And seems almost impossible to me they'll finish 14th or 15th. They seem to me to be heading toward somewhere between 9th-12th this season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bluecoats- The show was outstanding. I think that their performance level is the only thing keeping them near Crown. The show has legs and should medal. However, I feel that something is missing to make this show a contender. Maybe they figure that out in the next two months, but I’m not sold that they can pull it off.

Crown- It seems to be much improved since Thursday’s performance (I watched from the movie theater). The kids are outstanding, but I think that this show has some serious design flaws. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Crown pass Bluecoats, to peak early and end the year 5th. I just can’t see this show ending well, but what do I know?

Boston- I enjoyed the show quite a bit, but felt that it fell a little flat. I loved it in the theatre, but didn’t feel the same tonight. Lots of fantastic moments and some really excellent brass moments, but they kept losing steam throughout the night. Hopefully it was just an off night for them. LOVED Salvation is Created!

Phantom- I’m sure that I am in the minority, but this is my favorite Phantom since 2012. They took a lot of risks (some of which didn’t pay off), but I felt that they have finally created an authentic style. They have a long road ahead (with many musical miscues/tears tonight), but even with the low score, I believe in this show.

Crossmen- This is my favorite Crossmen since Fragile. I feel like the excecuted really well. While they didn’t have the loudest horn line of the night, they utilized them so well. They wouldn’t ever peak on their volume until the release, which I really appreciated. A few question marks design wise, but I really enjoyed it!

Scouts- I’m bummed but have nothing to contribute that hasn’t already been said. I will say that they had a very loud brassline, which is enjoyable. The uniforms were not my favorite, but they weren’t nearly as bad in the production.

• Haha 1