DCI In Loudoun County, VA

I am so glad that our Loudoun County High Schools have stepped up to host multiple corps this summer.  July 6 is a transition day for many corps travelling from New Jersey to the southeast and three  2017 finalist corps will be stopping for rehearsal in Loudoun County, VA during this transition day this year.  It wasn't that long ago that DCI was nowhere to be found in Loudoun County.  Now, Loudoun County schools send students to march in several World Class Corps.  

Below are a list of sites hosting corps this summer.

• July 6, 2018
    • Carolina Crown - Loudoun Valley High School, 340 N. Maple Avenue, Purcellville, VA
    • Bluecoats - Tuscarora High School, 801 N. King Street, Leesburg, VA
    • Cadets - Rock Ridge High School, 43460 Loudoun Reserve Dr., Ashburn, VA
  • July 30-31, 2018
    • Blue Devils - Woodgrove High School, 36811 Allder School Road Purcellville, VA
Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, xandandl said:

That's quite hospitable and magnanimous of them especially without a show on the cusp.

I hope the band and music students there can take this opportunity to grow.

This is the fourth time we are hosting Blue Devils at Woodgrove and the second time I have been able to help Loudoun Valley host Carolina Crown. 

Tuscarora has hosted Bluecoats several times over the years.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

This is amazing. This means I'll definitely be able to get a live look at all of these corps this season

• Like 2

I once walked approximately 30 miles roughly parallel to Loudoun County's western border.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I once walked approximately 30 miles roughly parallel to Loudoun County's western border.

Someone was hiking the A.T.

30 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This is amazing. This means I'll definitely be able to get a live look at all of these corps this season

Hmm, "clinic" - "drill session"  - and "cleaning" may mean something other than the flossing and brushing you are anticipating Cap. 

Yup, we'll probably not be able to use the moniker "Cap" anymore either without pre-authorization from our hmo and insurance. :innocent:

33 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Hmm, "clinic" - "drill session"  - and "cleaning" may mean something other than the flossing and brushing you are anticipating Cap. 

Yup, we'll probably not be able to use the moniker "Cap" anymore either without pre-authorization from our hmo and insurance. :innocent:

Don't needle him.  He needs to buccal down on his studies.

• Haha 2