DCI In Loudoun County, VA

I know that Carolina Crown, while at Loudoun Valley on July 6, will have a rehearsal that is open to the pubic will be in the stadium for the evening as they did last year.

Blue Devils will also have a free and open rehearsal at Woodgrove on July 30.  They will also be running their "Test Drive" at this site.  Stadium for Blue Devils as well.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Someone posted in a Facebook group that a school board has made a last minute decision to not allow any drum corps to use their facilities. They listed corps that were supposed to stay at these schools over the next few weeks as Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Crown and Cadets. Sounds like the Loudon County schools. Anyone know if there is any validity to This? Depending on the weather, I was planning on making the hour drive to watch Crown on Friday. 

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, old drmmjr said:

Someone posted in a Facebook group that a school board has made a last minute decision to not allow any drum corps to use their facilities. They listed corps that were supposed to stay at these schools over the next few weeks as Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Crown and Cadets. Sounds like the Loudon County schools. Anyone know if there is any validity to This? Depending on the weather, I was planning on making the hour drive to watch Crown on Friday. 

As it stands now, the three corps arriving this Friday are still good to go. 

We are working with the school district and hope to keep the Blue Devils on schedule for later this month. I will keep everyone informed on this one. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, old drmmjr said:

Feel free to PM me if you have further questions. I will be happy to keep you up to date. 

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

We are working with the school district and hope to keep the Blue Devils on schedule for later this month. I will keep everyone informed on this one. 

Was the problem related to what happened in Allentown?

10 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Was the problem related to what happened in Allentown?

We have no knowledge of that being the reason for the decision. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

What problem?  Please PM if possible.  Danke.

IDK how to PM, but I was referring to the GH-gate, and the prognostications of some (back when it was still fresh) that many school districts would not want to host Corps because of the potential liability to the district if an offense occurred on their property. 

3 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Thank you for the update! I hope things work out that the corps can continue to use these facilities in the future. Looking forward to Friday (please weather, cooperate this year!), and to BD on the 31st (fingers crossed!)