DCI In Loudoun County, VA

Fast Action happening here in Loudoun County.  I just got word that the School Board is now involved and this subject will be part of their meeting today.  Many locals here in the county have started to reach out to the press and their local supervisor to comment on this decision. 

Just keeping you posted as things move on.  I'm really trying to make sure we don't let down the students and this incredible opportunity for Loudoun County students to see the "Best of the Best" in the marching arts at several different venues throughout the county.  Below is the current locations planned for tomorrow.

Bluecoats - Tuscarora High School, Leesburg, VA

Cadets - Rock Ridge High School, Ashburn, VA

Carolina Crown - Loudoun Valley High School, Purcellville, VA

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE GO SIGN THE PETITIONS

I just learned there are two petitions that need your help on this issue.  One is on Facebook and the other is on Change.org.  See the change.org link below:

https://www.change.org/p/eric-williams-bring-drum-corps-back-to-lcps

Signed and shared! The NOVA area doesn't get much exposure to drum corps, and as a person who grew up there, and dedicated their high school years to marching band, this would have been great.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, old drmmjr said:

Signed and shared! The NOVA area doesn't get much exposure to drum corps, and as a person who grew up there, and dedicated their high school years to marching band, this would have been great.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the host coordinator for Crown at Valley last year, I will be spending most of my time at Valley tomorrow.  However, I will be visiting the other two sites as well. I'll be the old guy in the Cavaliers shirt unless I can get a t-shirt made that says "Keep Drum Corps In Loudoun"  Say hi if you see me.

I will be there all day for Blue Devils once we get that one resolved.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

Signed the petition.  I recently moved to NoVA from the midwest, so I miss quick access to drum corps!  Glad the students I teach in the area will have the ability to see a couple of corps twice, with the show in Annapolis at the end of July.  I'll say hi to anyone I see wearing a Cavs shirt, since that's where I marched.

Excited to see the corps!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, old drmmjr said:

I too have signed! I went to one of the largest HS band programs in Fairfax County (Westfield) and we played a few (watered down) arrangements of DCI shows over the years such as Cadets' WSS, SCV 1989 Phantom of the Opera, and Crown's 2000 Mask of Zorro. My love for DCI began then, I'd love to see the area have a bigger drum corps presence so more future students can also experience it. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I too have signed! I went to one of the largest HS band programs in Fairfax County (Westfield) and we played a few (watered down) arrangements of DCI shows over the years such as Cadets' WSS, SCV 1989 Phantom of the Opera, and Crown's 2000 Mask of Zorro. My love for DCI began then, I'd love to see the area have a bigger drum corps presence so more future students can also experience it. 

Please spread the word.  We really need help on this one.  The thought of letting down a corps this close to their arrival is not acceptable to me.  I am doing everything I can to make sure the Blue Devils have a place to stay and rehearse before the Annapolis show.

29 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Please spread the word.  We really need help on this one.  The thought of letting down a corps this close to their arrival is not acceptable to me.  I am doing everything I can to make sure the Blue Devils have a place to stay and rehearse before the Annapolis show.

I'll do my best! 

• Like 1

Signed and shared here, too. This district doesn’t understand how much damage they’re doing by putting a corps out like this. Plus, I want to see more drum corps in NoVa! If we can get enough corps stopping around here to rehearse, maybe we could get a show going!

• Like 1

I also signed and such. What is confusing is that I would have thought that these agreements were in place prior to a week before the stays.  Were there no such agreements? Or are the schools/district trying to go back on those agreements?

I did see in the petition that the superintendent made a unilateral decision and provided no reasons. 

• Like 1