Colts 2018

It has been mentioned a few times in other threads that there isn't a Colts 2018 thread yet.

I was going to start one later this week if they continued to remain competitive in the 'finals line up hopefuls', but I guess I'll do it now.

Personally, I think it's one of the most competitive brass books in recent years.  The show is just good drum corps!

They no doubt need to clean up visually, especially their guard.  However, they certainly have the talent this year!

Anyone else have thoughts on their possible road to finals?  Or just comments on the show so far this season?

Edited by goodmello
  • Like 1

The Colts show is just flat out good drum corps!!!! Just like most Corps, there is dirt in certain areas, and some changes are inevitable, but I LOVE this show! “Big Shot” does it for me!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfrontz said:

Really enjoyed the video I watched! Recognized 'Farandole' and 'Big Shot;' anyone have a full list of the repertoire?

I don't think they ever posted it in their website.  They listed it in theaters during the premier though...

Wiki says this... ha

Candide by Leonard Bernstein / Farandole by Georges Bizet /
Feather Theme (from Forrest Gump) by Alan Silvestri/ Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child (Traditional)

Colts have an awesome hornline and drumline this year, probably both in their top 3 ever. However everyone in the top 18 this year have amazing hornlines. So in a year where they have one of their best hornlines and drumlines, they could still drop 2-3 places at semifinals this year. Colts biggest problem right now is a dreadful show design. 'The last 4 years or so, the Colts just haven't had the best designed shows, which is the reason they aren't even close to making top 12 anymore. And Corps they used to beat, like Mandarins, Academy, Blue Devils B, and Vanguard Cadets are all improving by stepping up their game, where as Colts seem to be starting to slip. I am wondering if they are starting to see a drop in numbers at auditions. I sure hope they can return to designing fantastic shows like the ones when they were making finals on a consistent basis. It almost seems like about the time Blue Stars returned to the top 12, Colts have only managed to make finals once since then, after having made it 7 of 9 years in the 90s-early 2000s.

On 6/26/2018 at 10:54 PM, OldSchoolCorps said:

The Colts show is just flat out good drum corps!!!! Just like most Corps, there is dirt in certain areas, and some changes are inevitable, but I LOVE this show! “Big Shot” does it for me!!! 

Seen them twice live, and they’re a thrill.

Go Colts!