Heated 10-15 Competition

There has been a lot of talk about these spots on many threads and I figured it would be fun to open up a dialogue on it. 

The competition between the corps in these spots is extremely fierce this year, more so than most years in my opinion. I believe we are going to see a lot of shuffling between corps in these positions and we will have to continuously reevaluate just who will end up in the top 12 this year! 

Edited by Sanguinarian22

14 minutes ago, Sanguinarian22 said:

There has been a lot of talk about these spots on many threads and I figured it would be fun to open up a dialogue on it. 

The competition between the corps in these spots is extremely fierce this year, more so than most years in my opinion. I believe we are going to see a lot of shuffling between these corps and we will have to continuously reevaluate just who will end up in the top 12 this year! 

Good potential for on going discussion thru the season with this thread topic, imo. For starters, what Corps would you personally have in the 10th-15th position that might be in firece competition with others in their mix of Corps to make Finals this seaaon ? Or alternatively, should we simply go with the current Corps in the DCP rankings as of today ?

If we go with today's current rankings ( 6/27/2018 ) the 5 in competition for Finals spots would be the following :

10) Crossmen......... 11) Mandarins...... 12) Blue Stars....... 13) Madison Scouts.... 14) Academy...... 15) Colts

Edited by BRASSO

33 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Good potential for on going discussion thru the season with this thread topic, imo. For starters, what Corps would you personally have in the 10th-15th position that might be in firece competition with others in their mix of Corps to make Finals this seaaon ? Or alternatively, should we simply go with the current Corps in the DCP rankings as of today ?

If we go with today's current rankings ( 6/27/2018 ) the 5 in competition for Finals spots would be the following :

10) Crossmen......... 11) Mandarins...... 12) Blue Stars....... 13) Madison Scouts.... 14) Academy...... 15) Colts

If I had to add a couple corps into the mix I would say:

Spirit: I've heard and seen quite a few good things prior to their debut.

Blue Knights: While not entirely likely, Mandarins closing the gap on them at the last show tells me it could be a possibility. 

Phantom: Similar story with BK

Oregon Crusaders: Another corps that we have yet to see that I believe can shake things up even more this season. 

Edited by Sanguinarian22

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

If we go with today's current rankings ( 6/27/2018 ) the 5  6  in competition for Finals spots would be the following :

Fixed it 4 u

• Like 1

It's super hard to put together rankings at this point.  Only a few shows in and corps are competing from the west coast to the midwest.

From what I HAVE seen myself, I'd say that Mandarins are EXTREMELY likely to make finals.  If I had to guess, I'd say they're going to knock out Madison.

When it comes to a second shakeup, I believe Colts have a better shot than Academy.  To create another upset, Blue Stars would likely have to be taken out (even though I personally think Phantom shouldn't be scoring what they are right now...)

I'm watching the Colts/Blue Stars very closely in the midwest.  I hope the gap narrows very soon!

Its rare... so exceedingly rare I do not know without first researching it... of the last time DCI has TWO Corps make DCI Finals that did not make it the previous season. Maybe several decades ago ? Not in modern times as far as I know anyway. With that in mind, if one Corps that did not make it last season makes it this season, only one Corps will be the one from last season that finds itself out of TOP 12 Finals.

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its rare... so exceedingly rare I do not know without first researching it... of the last time DCI has TWO Corps make DCI Finals that did not make it the previous season. Maybe several decades ago ? Not in modern times as far as I know anyway. With that in mind, if one Corps that did not make it last season makes it this season, only one Corps will be the one from last season that finds itself out of TOP 12 Finals.

2007: Blue Stars 14th & Scouts 15th

2008: Blue Stars 8th & Scouts 12th

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Finals Mania: Short-term high, long-term cancer.

Eliminate the idea of "Top 12." Make Saturday the same kind of day as Friday. Highest score wins. Simple.

I don't know... I feel the idea of having the elite "Top 12" promotes competition more than without that threshold. 

The number of corps for Finals is set-up for a reason. Finals should be truly the elite corps. Competition is fierce all over, which is absolutely wonderful.

Glad that we fans get to enjoy the higher quality shows all around.