Thinking of taking a spot offer.

Hello all.

As some of you know, I marched Music City in 2017 on baritone. This year however, I planned on taking off. But my home corps, Music City has offered me a spot in the baritone section again for this season to fill a hole, but at a cost of $1000. I would be starting July 3. 

I want to know some of your thoughts on this; would you take the spot if it were you? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Depends on why you took off to begin with.  Can you afford it?  Do you feel up to suddenly jumping back in with both feet? 

Mike

I initially decided to take the summer off for my health, as it was in a decline around February and March, so I terminated my contract with MCDC on March 1st. However, my health has gotten exponentially better since then. I feel I would be ready.

17 minutes ago, BassClefTristan said:

I initially decided to take the summer off for my health, as it was in a decline around February and March, so I terminated my contract with MCDC on March 1st. However, my health has gotten exponentially better since then. I feel I would be ready.

I would go for it. There are only so many years you can march a WC junior corps (especially in its inaugural WC season!)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

I strongly recommend not seeking advice on DCP or /r/drumcorps.

In all seriousness: it comes down to if you want to do it. If the money and health aspects are enough to make you not want to march, don't. If your health is fine, and if money isn't a huge enough concern to make you think twice ... then do it.

The one caveat (assuming you're of average-ish talent) is that filling a hole can suck ... especially early on. March 1 to July 3 is a lifetime as far as the development of the season. You'll need to hit the ground running as soon as you're rehearsing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BassClefTristan said:

It will be the BEST One-thousand bucks you will ever spend in a lifetime!  

Go for it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

I strongly recommend not seeking advice on DCP or /r/drumcorps.

In all seriousness: it comes down to if you want to do it. If the money and health aspects are enough to make you not want to march, don't. If your health is fine, and if money isn't a huge enough concern to make you think twice ... then do it.

The one caveat (assuming you're of average-ish talent) is that filling a hole can suck ... especially early on. March 1 to July 3 is a lifetime as far as the development of the season. You'll need to hit the ground running as soon as you're rehearsing.

They'll work him in when he is ready...I missed a little time mid-season with massive changes due to injury and returned to finish...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassClefTristan said:

Hello all.

As some of you know, I marched Music City in 2017 on baritone. This year however, I planned on taking off. But my home corps, Music City has offered me a spot in the baritone section again for this season to fill a hole, but at a cost of $1000. I would be starting July 3. 

I want to know some of your thoughts on this; would you take the spot if it were you? 

Go.... just go. I would give anything to go back in time and march.

• Like 4

He turned me into a newt

a newt

got better

Go...Enjoy ....I miss

• Like 1
  • Haha 2