Pittsburgh, PA - June 28, 2018

23 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I agree with your feelings regarding partial panels. For me, I was interested in seeing how close Boston Crusaders get to Blue Coats and how close Cadets get to Boston Crusaders. I'm thinking that as the season progresses we will see some moments where BAC tops Cavies and I'm thinking Cavies might pester one of the top three a bit, so proximity to Blue Coats would be interesting. I'm also expecting Cadets to be a thorn in the side as the season progresses. I was also hoping to get a better gauge on what I am assuming will be Madison's improvement. I know Madison will be a corps I will have to see live to determine what I think. Some folks seem to think the show has some potential, but for many, it may the most controversial show of the season and from what I can gather from major Madison fans and alums, a major disappointment. I have seen a video of portions of the show, but it is a terrible recording. I have hopes for Spirit this evening, and while I would love to see Pioneer get a better score, it probably will not happen. Most years I only see Pioneer in Allentown and in Indy, so they are about as good as they will get at that point, and while I usually do not disagree with placements, I do believe they are often scored lower than they deserve.Now while I think the placements will be pretty predictable: Bloo, BAC, Cadets, Madison, Spirit, and Pioneer, partial panels only give a glimpse, not the full picture.

Tim, ... by now you should know that the Blue Coats are in reality the Bluecoats.

• Like 1

Just now, PamahoNow said:

Tim, ... by now you should know that the Blue Coats are in reality the Bluecoats.

I do as most of my posts can verify, and I will blame autocorrect, but even so, I deserve the wrath of Michael Boo to come upon me.:mad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

For me, I was interested in seeing how close Boston Crusaders get to Blue Coats and how close Cadets get to Boston Crusaders. I'm thinking that as the season progresses we will see some moments where BAC tops Cavies and I'm thinking Cavies might pester one of the top three a bit, so proximity to Blue Coats would be interesting. I'm also expecting Cadets to be a thorn in the side as the season progresses. 

With who knows how many corps missing between Bluecoats and Boston (as many as 4) ,  the gap between those two will be pretty meaningless.   Good for some short term hype I guess.   But I agree the gap between Cadets and Boston could be very interesting to watch.  I could see Cadets taking some captions from Boston in the not-too-distant future.  As for catching the Cavaliers,  I just don't see it happening.  The excellence across the board will keep them apart.  It's not how hard your show is,  it's how easy your performers make it look.  IMHO you can already see a marked difference using that measuring stick.   Fun to follow Boston's progress as they attempt the climb.  Like they say in the fine print, past results are no guarantee of future performance.  

12 minutes ago, karuna said:

With who knows how many corps missing between Bluecoats and Boston (as many as 4) ,  the gap between those two will be pretty meaningless.   Good for some short term hype I guess.   But I agree the gap between Cadets and Boston could be very interesting to watch.  I could see Cadets taking some captions from Boston in the not-too-distant future.  As for catching the Cavaliers,  I just don't see it happening.  The excellence across the board will keep them apart.  It's not how hard your show is,  it's how easy your performers make it look.  IMHO you can already see a marked difference using that measuring stick.   Fun to follow Boston's progress as they attempt the climb.  Like they say in the fine print, past results are no guarantee of future performance.  

Once we add Blue Knights, Mandarins, BD, SCV, Academy, and the rest of the West Coast Corps to the mix in the up coming head to heads with full panels, it will give a good sense on where all these Midwest/ East based based Corps of Bluecoats,  Boston, Cadets, Madison, Spirit, Pioneer ( tonite's Pennsylvania show line up ) will fare. Right now, the  current Top 6 have no more than around 2.5  points separating them. There's lots of room in the 7th-13th placement range right now for movement.... every bit as within the Top 6 too, imo

Edited by BRASSO

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Once we add Blue Knights, Mandarins, BD, SCV, Academy, and the rest of the West Coast Corps to the mix in the up coming head to heads with full panels, it will give a good sense on where all these Midwest/ East based based Corps of Bluecoats,  Boston, Cadets, Madison, Spirit, Pioneer ( tonite's Pennsylvania show line up ) will fare. Right now, the  current Top 6 have no more than around 2.5  points separating them. There's lots of room in the 7th-13th placement range right now for movement.... every bit as within the Top 6 too, imo

You’re right, Boston has plenty of room to squeeze into that 7th-13th placement range later this season 

:laughing:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

You’re right, Boston has plenty of room to squeeze into that 7th-13th placement range later this season 

And of course, Cadets have even MORE room to squeeze into the 6th to 1st range later this season (although I'm not quite sure what your point really is here with this.)

Edited by BRASSO

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

There's a lot of chicken counting going on in some parts of the country.   Always better to wait for the hatching.

giphy.gif

Edited by karuna

6 minutes ago, karuna said:

There's a lot of chicken counting going on in some parts of the country.   Always better to wait for the hatching.

Image result for anybody know what this means... gifs