Scores By The Week

This is very much not important to anything. But I since I am just a nerd for numbers and organization, I wanted to try and organize the scores for all world class corps. I've just organized the scores into who's corp they belong to and color coordinated each show to show what area of the country they were performing and who was head to head. Also have who won their respective show high lighted that in red. Just thought it was fun to see the score progressing over each week and the number of rehearsal days in between each of their shows. I was probably gonna update this every week if this interested anyone but if not I'll just enjoy it myself :bigsmile: Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!

dF6vnj1.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

interesting,  detroit is midwest but Akron and cincinnati are east?

8 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

I mainly did that so that shows in that column wouldn't get mixed together and confused :) Could've used a different shade of orange, but would've been too many shades on orange with the shows next to it as well. (I never thought Ohio was much of a Midwestern state personally anyways. :innocent:)

you could put an average score column (saw average the last 5 or so scores from each corps and then rank them by that average or something,  then the listing would be in a somewhat placement order and the comparisons would be easier to see

8 minutes ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Hope I didn't step on your toes! Maybe a friendly chart competition? :8_laughing:

Not at all...I didn't think of sharing it!   Most people's eyes glaze when I start with numbers.....

I decided to try my hand at the show predictions, and was looking for a way to show corps trends, to get closer on my score guesses.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, c mor said:

Not at all...I didn't think of sharing it!   Most people's eyes glaze when I start with numbers.....

I decided to try my hand at the show predictions, and was looking for a way to show corps trends, to get closer on my score guesses.  

32 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

you could put an average score column (saw average the last 5 or so scores from each corps and then rank them by that average or something,  then the listing would be in a somewhat placement order and the comparisons would be easier to see

I was probably going to try and do something fun at the end of every week along with the chart. Average score column will probably be one. Maybe do "most improved" corp at the end of the week, and possibly each corps improvement at the end of the week as well as others I can think of to make this even more interesting. :smile:

1 hour ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

I mainly did that so that shows in that column wouldn't get mixed together and confused :) Could've used a different shade of orange, but would've been too many shades on orange with the shows next to it as well. (I never thought Ohio was much of a Midwestern state personally anyways. :innocent:)

I'm chuckling because I believe that Ohio is quintessentially Midwest, not East.  Not in culture, not in politics, not in people. I've lived in both ( in different parts of the Midwest and East coast, also in the South and West) and they are VERY different in how they operate, how the governments handle similar problems, and how people socialize, et cetera.  Ohio more closely matches Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, and even Missouri than they do New York, DC, Maryland, and New England.

....then there's the corn fields...

Anyway, nice chart. Despite the difference in opinion above. Looking forward to seeing more updates!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

I'm exactly an hour south of Cincinatti and were not considered MidWest. I've never heard of Cincinnati be considered MidWest...Lol.