Bluray burning question

Hoping to get some help with this...

i have purchased some of the nonfinalist corps videos on marching music downloads.com during the last two years.  The files are mp4 files and they look and sound great.  However, I don’t want to have to play them on a computer all the time.  I have an external bluray burner with an iMac that’s running OS high Sierra.  I am using Toast 16 and am attempting to burn the videos to a bluray.  However, when they are done and I play them on my bluray player, the resulting vids play choppy, not smooth like the original files.  I’ve tried the disc on multiple bluray players with the same result. 

My question - has anyone tried to burn DCI vids from their download site to bluray with great results using a Mac, and if so, what program did you use to burn?  I think the program I am using just won’t play nice with High Sierra right now, so I am looking for anyone who has a success story with this.

Thanks for any help anyone gives!

This isn’t exactly an answer to your question but might interest you anyway. I just use a cheap Western Digital media player, with an attached USB drive, to play all of my ripped blu-ray movies, uncompressed, with DTS Master Audio, etc. through an HDMI cable to my receiver and then projector. I still buy the discs but think this is easier to watch and catalog. (I might eventually switch to buying everything on my AppleTv — which is definitely easier, and something I’ve done occasionally —but I swear the audio and video are better this way. Plus I don’t ever have to worry about buffering.)

IF you have an Apple TV, the best option is to add the files to your home video collection on iTunes, turn on Home Sharing on iTunes and your Apple TV,  make sure are both connected to the same network.  Then navigate to computer on Apple TV and then you can stream the .mp4 files directly to the TV or projector you have hooked to your Apple TV.  You do have to keep iTunes open on the computer you have the files on for it to work.

Thanks so far...I do have a Mac mini hooked up to my home theater and I have all of the files on an external hard drive so I can hook that up and watch them that way on the big screen.  But, my hope was to be able to watch them on a bluray just as I do when I get the finals blurays from DCI.  

Not sure taking them all the way to bluray will yield improvement over just making a DVD. In any event with rendering to DVD/Bluray the source file type makes a difference in how smooth the transitions are and lipsync timing results. Basic AVI although larger files render better than some of the other file types.

I just play the .mp4 in Chrome and cast the tab to the chromecast to the TV. Been doing that for years. Then you can just upload it to your google drive and cast the files from there. I don't understand going to physical media at all anymore.