Muncie, IN - June 29, 2018

34 minutes ago, Ms.L said:

If I understood correctly from a session with the design team here at the Director's Academy, it was by design that they would feature female horn players at some point.  As far as the ballad, it was designed to show the soft side of the beast.  While those girls play the ballad, the rest of the mellos, trumpets, baritones and euphoniums go to trombone.  So the low brass of trombone and tuba represent the male and the 'girl's club' obviously represent the female. So in actuality, gender DOES matter here.  

Its a little stereotypical though here in 2018  with these things then no ?.  Modern day Women are what ?  tamer, ?  softer ? ............ Modern day men are what ?  aggressive, angry, creatures ? I'm just trying to figure out what the guys who put this Show Design together this season at Carolina Crown are supposed to be telling us as their theme message in this battle of the animal Creatures ? I 'm not trying to be snarky here, but nobody seems to know what the heck the 2018 Crown show theme is meant to convey in the end here, thats all.. And who wins in the closer here ? The Guy Creature (s) ?... and then maybe, the  " softer, tamer, more civilized, Women Creature(s ) come August ? If thats not it, then I don't have any clue what this show is about.. haha! .Oh well, the music is played very well. The marchers are first rate in all of Carolina Crown's sections this season. I should maybe just learn to enjoy their show this season for that alone..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Will Pitts took over as program coordinator for Phantom this year, after Wes Cartwright handled that last year.

i did't want to say anything unkind, but phantom was the corps i was really wondering about.

people who are wondering why they're doing better this year, i'd say it's in large part due to a better-coordinated program, and an improved brass approach. I'm guessing there was a mix up there, too. 

this corps is going places again.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Crown has nothing on BD and Cadets when it comes to negativity on these forums. In general, they receive a lot of praise year to year.

Calling people haters or snowflakes because they express their dislike of a show is not showing support for your (not specifically referring to you) favorite corps. It just reflects poorly on the person doing the name calling. To me, those are the people who @Brass Lover's post was directed at.

Typical rationalizations. 

a) someone else gets more hate than you. So shut up and take it  excuse the bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior  

b) attack the poster ( oh it just makes then look bad if they point out my bad behavior ).  

This is exactly why DCPs reputation has plummeted. And it really is sad. There are good people here but it doesn’t take too many to spoil it.   

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

Typical rationalizations. 

a) someone else gets more hate than you. So shut up and take it  excuse the bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior  

b) attack the poster ( oh it just makes then look bad if they point out my bad behavior ).  

This is exactly why DCPs reputation has plummeted. And it really is sad. There are good people here but it doesn’t take too many to spoil it.   

just put the crazies on block

takes 2 seconds, and it doesn't hurt my dcp experience in the slightest. makes it a great place to come for info and to chat once in awhile, actually

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

This is exactly why DCPs reputation has plummeted. And it really is sad. 

Reputation has plummeted with whom?  I'm actually curious how you come to such a broad conclusion.

Just now, Liahona said:

Reputation has plummeted with whom?  I'm actually curious how you come to such a broad conclusion.

And here I thought it couldn't get any lower.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

And here I thought it couldn't get any lower.

And why is that? Do you have a problem with a very honest and direct question? If not, then just disregard what I'm asking.

7 minutes ago, Liahona said:

And why is that? Do you have a problem with a very honest and direct question? If not, then just disregard what I'm asking.

Just joking saying DCPs reputation couldn't get any lower. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Just now, Brass Lover said:

Just joking saying DCPs reputation couldn't get any lower. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

OK...maybe a smiley face would have helped... :)

• Haha 1