Best and Worst Uniforms of 2018

Cadets Uniform.

The good: Nice contrast front to back.

The questionable:  I find the front of the uniform less like cake decorations, and more as if someone had done a great job of tying them up.

The top, without the ties looks ok and the bottom also looks ok, but when the MMs stand with their legs together, they just look tied up to me.

This is less visible from a distance, but that might just be the state of my eyes. 

4 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Cadets Uniform.

The good: Nice contrast front to back.

The questionable:  I find the front of the uniform less like cake decorations, and more as if someone had done a great job of tying them up.

The top, without the ties looks ok and the bottom also looks ok, but when the MMs stand with their legs together, they just look tied up to me.

This is less visible from a distance, but that might just be the state of my eyes. 

psst. I had the same reaction but can't say it publicly since I am sponsoring some. Don't tell them. They joke that uniforms should never be contrived while the designer is hungry.

• Like 1

Related image

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, TRacer said:

...and for the 2nd year in a row the judges don’t care and have both of the SC organization’s WC and OC Corps (whose new unis are also very polarizing) at the top of the activity in their respective classes as of today.  

I love SCV's show but....  am also hoping that the no headwear trend does NOT catch on.  

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I love SCV's show but....  am also hoping that the no headwear trend does NOT catch on.  

Even the Bluecoats who started the current trend in 2016, have had headwear the last two years.  Maybe not what you may be wanting, but it is headwear and it does "fit" into each theme they were trying for.  It is "just" (but not just) another design element in a show.

3 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Even the Bluecoats who started the current trend in 2016, have had headwear the last two years.  Maybe not what you may be wanting, but it is headwear and it does "fit" into each theme they were trying for.  It is "just" (but not just) another design element in a show.

just wait until they pass the hats to pay for the furniture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, luv4corps said:

So agree...as opposed to 2017...Vanguard without aussies in 2018 just works...

Edited by INT72
spelling

14 hours ago, INT72 said:

So agree...as opposed to 2017...Vanguard without aussies in 2018 just works...

I agree it works for THIS show but we all know this style of production will be copied by more and more corps, just as SCV picked it up from BC16 (and yes, it made sense for THAT show too) and my guess is... aussies, brightly plumed shakos, helmets etc... will be seen less and less, and will go the way of the traditional unis.  

Personally, I like the height created by headwear and big towering plumes. Two of my favorites were Bloo's & Phantom's helmets with the bright blue/white feathers piled on top.  That was a great look!  Shakos too.  The more feathers the better.  Now the corps don't even have a color scheme that is uniquely theirs anymore... that's a loss too.  

Kind of funny... I've only been a fan since 2010 and I already sound like a curmudgeon.  But in that span of eight years, things have changed DRASTICALLY.  

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, luv4corps said:

I agree it works for THIS show but we all know this style of production will be copied by more and more corps, just as SCV picked it up from BC16 (and yes, it made sense for THAT show too) and my guess is... aussies, brightly plumed shakos, helmets etc... will be seen less and less, and will go the way of the traditional unis.  

Personally, I like the height created by headwear and big towering plumes.  One of my favorites were Bloo's & Phantom's helmets with the bright blue/white feathers on top.  That was a great look!  Shakos too.  The more feathers the better.  Now the corps don't even have a color scheme that is uniquely theirs anymore... that's a loss too.  

Kind of funny... I've only been a fan since 2010 and I already sound like a curmudgeon.  But in that span of eight years, things have changed DRASTICALLY.  

I agree 1000%. Lack of headwear takes away from the visual and the feeling of depth. Drum Corps just simply looks more polished with headgear. And don't even get me started about the sleeveless uniforms! Freaking ugh!