Best and Worst Uniforms of 2018

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Back in the day, a procedure used to avoid bad housing situations and sudden cancellations went like this.

When Dr. Cinzio was the director, Dr. Santo and his wife would drive the tour a day ahead of the corps stopping at each school to guarantee the reception and facility was ready for the corps, especially the gym, showers, and fields.  Often these folks didn't get to see their kids perform; but almost rarely did the corps get blindsided like last night. When Dr. Santo became director, I split those duties with a few others for the same results.  When Dr. Santo handed over the reins of directorship, the new director drove the tour himself before Spring Training even happened. Gradually the advance team went by the wayside. Perhaps next year it might be re-instated.  We all know Doug and Scott have had more than enough to deal with this season.

I had done a similar work for the Long Island Kingsmen when DCI was just beginning. The corps was being billeted in a Howard Johnson's through the sponsorship of a local businessman. We arrived in the town only to find three fire departments putting out the last ashes of the fire which destroyed the whole hotel before we came. I went to the local Catholic pastor, explained the plight. Despite the fact that he had only been assigned to the parish the previous week, he handed over the keys to the parish grammar school where we slept in classrooms that night.  He arranged for the church ladies to cook a pancake breakfast for us; this was his first non-worship parish activity and what a memorable start. He also phoned the principal of the Catholic high school, his previous assignment, at our next stop on tour; there we were given keys to the CHS, a much better facility than the show sponsors had first arranged. Both schools were left spotless. But that was 1972; corps were smaller then, and corps didn't have to have props, electronics, and lawyers. Wish I could have had 50 spare hotel rooms to give the Cadets last night.

Did you intend to post this in the Best and Worst Uniforms of 2018?

15 hours ago, Mega said:

So is someone going to tally all of the votes? I don't have time to read through all of the thread.

A bit hard to tally, because some list who they like/dislike and don't specifically categorize as best/worst.

That being said, as near as I could inventory, people say:

Best: Bloo

Worst: Madison

• Thanks 1

Best - Mandarins and Bluecoats

Worst - Crown. They look like insects deformed by a nuclear power plant meltdown.

Edited by bluesman
Gr
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 10:04 AM, luv4corps said:

I love SCV's show but....  am also hoping that the no headwear trend does NOT catch on.  

I agree, but I think that ship has already sailed.

First off, I love Jersey Surf's uniforms this year.  You can quibble about the 3/4 sleeves and and lack of headgear, but they are bold and clean from the stands ... what uniforms SHOULD be ... and certainly go with their shown theme perfectly, unlike some corps' uniforms that don't really compliment their theme at all.

That said ... am I only the only one seeing a bit of Star Trek here? 

Sorry, percussion ... chances are you'll be killed before Indy.

IwmjIv0eieKeZrfI_sB5BoaB5W8Z9g0ccYj7-2oY

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Eleran said:

First off, I love Jersey Surf's uniforms this year.  You can quibble about the 3/4 sleeves and and lack of headgear, but they are bold and clean from the stands ... what uniforms SHOULD be ... and certainly go with their shown theme perfectly, unlike some corps' uniforms that don't really compliment their theme at all.

That said ... am I only the only one seeing a bit of Star Trek here? 

Sorry, percussion ... chances are you'll be killed before Indy.

Reminds me of a more polished version of what they wore in 2015:
JerseySurf-brass2-2015-PChagnon-823x1024

Edited by Spandy

24 minutes ago, Spandy said:

Reminds me of a more polished version of what they wore in 2015:
JerseySurf-brass2-2015-PChagnon-823x1024

Wait. Jersey Surf started the whole casual trend, not Bluecoats?