Best and Worst Uniforms of 2018


Recommended Posts

Yes (my son was with them that year), and everyone gave Surf crap for those uniforms and going hatless.  Now everyone is doing it!

But I much prefer the 2018 look to 2015

Edited by Eleran
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dinosaurs- We need spats back! *brings back spats* Dinosaurs - These are ugly who would ever do that.

Typing your opinion in bold font enhanced the coherence and enjoyment level of your comments by a significant degree! I award you TWO POINTS!

20 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Yes (my son was with them that year), and everyone gave Surf crap for those uniforms and going hatless.  Now everyone is doing it!

But I much prefer the 2018 look to 2015

It's funny how trends go full circle and the uniform types that we used to consider "ugly" or "weird" have become the norm.

Back in 2013, the Oregon Crusaders (in their inaugural year in World Class) decided to wear uniforms made out of spandex, to be used for that season only. We all laughed at/criticized them at the time, but little did we know that type of fabric would become the most popular among uniforms just five years later.

For reference...

Oregon%20Crusaders-029.jpg

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It's funny how trends go full circle and the uniform types that we used to consider "ugly" or "weird" have become the norm.

Back in 2013, the Oregon Crusaders (in their inaugural year in World Class) decided to wear uniforms made out of spandex, to be used for that season only. We all laughed at/criticized them at the time, but little did we know that type of fabric would become the most popular among uniforms just five years later.

For reference...

Oregon%20Crusaders-029.jpg

Looking through a 2018 lens, they probably should have gone hatless.

Mike

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the Cadets’ costume. It does not show well on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, wallace said:

I hate the Cadets’ costume. It does not show well on the field.

Really? Admittedly I haven't seen them live but I think they actually present pretty well on the field from videos I've seen. It does a good job of maintaining the skeleton of the traditional Cadets uniform

Close up I'm not the biggest fan

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kbbandman said:

I agree, but I think that ship has already sailed.

Methinks the trend has cleared the harbor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Really? Admittedly I haven't seen them live but I think they actually present pretty well on the field from videos I've seen. It does a good job of maintaining the skeleton of the traditional Cadets uniform

Close up I'm not the biggest fan

Funny, I have the opposite reaction. I like the Cadet uniform on an individual basis. It is rather daring and edgy, while hinting at the original. But on the field, all the erratic stripes ruin the visual impact of formations, making them look fuzzy and indistinct.

The visual effect is the same as "dazzle" camouflage on warships, which is an attempt to fragment the ship's silhouettes, making it harder for an enemy to judge distance and direction. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Edited by quietcity
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Wait. Jersey Surf started the whole casual trend, not Bluecoats?

2003 Down the Shore show really started the trend... one of my favorite shows in 2003.

Surf-2003-630x250.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.