Pasadena, CA - June 30, 2018

I have no idea what is going on in this thread. We had a show in Pasadena last night right?  

Great show tonight from all!  Can’t wait to see Mandarins on Monday. The year SCV doesn’t make it to the AZ show. Will have to wait later in the season to see this masterpiece of a show.  

Go, SCV!  

Panic buttons shouldn't be hit until San Antonio or Atlanta; but, yeah, it's looking like Madison is most definitely going to be out of finals. The Mandarins picked up where they left off last year and from what I've read and the little bit that I've seen; they are the real deal. At this point, it's more than safe to say that they will be in the top 12. Now it's just a question of how far up. I see them no higher than 8th and no lower than 10th. It's looking like the Crossmen and Blue Stars will be a lock for finals, too. 

• Like 2

Blue Devils changed the end of the ballad to s single screamer from that nice mid-range build up that set that piece a part from the closure where it's a single screamer again. Also the props just sit there and distract from the show till the end where the Nighthawk painting comes together. If your not familiar with the painting then the whole concept is senseless. 

50 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Blue Devils changed the end of the ballad to s single screamer from that nice mid-range build up that set that piece a part from the closure where it's a single screamer again. Also the props just sit there and distract from the show till the end where the Nighthawk painting comes together. If your not familiar with the painting then the whole concept is senseless. 

Yep -- no idea about the painting.

I DID understand the Fellini show a while back as I had recently worked doing music for a 48-Hour Film competition and our director wanted a Fellini homage. I got a lot of the references that many persons not well versed in Fellini may have missed.

Not saying good or bad as far as show concepts, but there can be accessibility issues. Even then, just sit back and enjoy the music. 

Apparently, the Son showed the Wife the painting last night watching the show. Never made it across to me. Sigh!