Pasadena, CA - June 30, 2018

2 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

If you look at the screen quick it seems to say 'Speaker Field at the Rose Bowl'

Spieker field at the Rose Bowl.

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

"Performing their 2018 program 'On Madness and Repetition,' Drum Corps International is proud to present INT!"

Just so we all know, their show is just half complete at the moment.

• Haha 1

I was put off at first by how slowly Manderin's show starts and builds, but now I am really appreciating it. 

• Like 1

Seems like a long time for most of the corps to do nothing, but maybe that approach will grow on me.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Seems like a long time for most of the corps to do nothing, but maybe that approach will grow on me.

Agreed, but I also kind of like how creepy it is for them to be parked on the front sideline, like a bunch of demons. May not generate GE, but it adds to the overall demonic feel of the show.

That stationary ensemble up front does an awful lot of the corps musical work for quite some time.

Still, this Mandarins show already seems like a strong lock for FInals.

• Like 1

It is a very confident and well-considered show overall. My greatest pleasure from any show is seeing a coherent and internally consistent style. That and really loud brass.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brassboy said:

If you switch to High Camera, it's their looping "Flosports" jingle and video montage. Not sure which is worse.

My Flo is not flo...ing.  Error?   Keep trying?   I pay way too much $$ for this.