Allentown, PA - June 30, 2018

Full scores anyone?

4 hours ago, Sideways said:
59 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Bloo is incredible 

perhaps only beatable by BD, but time will tell

obvious excellence across all captions

staging and arranging simply brilliant

one criticism is when they crank up the bass so loud I couldn’t hear the corps several times- I’m sure they will balance that out quickly

that performance felt like an 80 but DCI will regulate the scoring this early, so 77

From the videos I've seen so far BD is a huge miss and I'm usually their biggest defender...loved Caberet Voltaire. They are excellent but...eh.  Once Vanguard gets the closet on the field and starts layering they will be like Berntein conducting Mahler...an  unstoppable steamroller. Coats are the only ones that could make it interesting

Really looking forward to seeing BD live

Edited by MCDCGuardMom
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Sure it is, but not a 3 point difference, thats a huge gap, even between seperate shows.

Not really.

Scores are relative to contest dynamics for the evening.  People think of them as static numbers.  They aren't.

SCV was the only corps in its "tier" competing at San Diego two nights ago.  Here, you had only 4 corps, all in 4 different tiers, to the spreads always tend to be wider.

San Diego had 5 corps and 3 scoring "tiers", with SCV being the only one it its tier and everyone else having a "peer" to be compared against.

This kind of thing used to happen a lot in reverse.  Scores out west tended to be higher because there was a huge gulf between BD/SCV and every other corps that competed out there, so it created the illusion that BD/SCV were way ahead of the pack.  Once everyone got together, it always sorted itself out one way or the other.

That doesn't happen so much now because corps like BK started moving into the mid-tier so there was a step-stone to the higher scores.

Basically, Bloo may be be on top when they all come together, and they may not, but it won't be by 3 points.

Edited by geluf
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Sure it is, but not a 3 point difference, thats a huge gap, even between seperate shows.

It doesn't matter at all.

Spirit's brass is the best part about their show this year. They deserve better than a 12.6.

• Like 2

Bloooooooooooooooooooooo

• Thanks 1

Blooo is the REAL DEAL!  What a show!  What a brass sound!  Just great!  Can't wait to see how it stacks up against BD & SCV!

The Cadets show was really good too.  I enjoyed it so much better than the last several years.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Was told less than 500 in advance sales.  Pics show a very empty stadium.  Not what Cadets needed financially.

A number of factors may be at play, but in less than a week a bigger show in Clifton, NJ will be taking place. The show will include Crown and BAC. The heat, along with it being a busy weekend, and another show in a close time period could explain smaller crowds.