Riverside, CA - July 1, 2018

man alive... I and the posse (7) are going to skip this show for now on. We were on the list to be notified when seats go on sale (at long last because they are about the last seats to be sold every year) and we were bought them at 9am on sale day, less than 1 minute in. We paid full price and were all set.

Yeah... our seats were on the 25 yard line but the center section on both sides was completely full so these folks have to be pre-selling to their buddies WAY before they actually go on sale.

we're going to pass.

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Definitely giving you a like cause you make some valid points. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as the season progresses. 

Are you sure you want my thoughts? lol.  My favorite corps has always been SCV so I'm probably biased.  But thank you for the upvotes--I'm glad there are people out there that can have conversations with differing opinions in a respectful manner.  Those are always the most fun.

7 minutes ago, NeutralNovice said:

Are you sure you want my thoughts? lol.  My favorite corps has always been SCV so I'm probably biased.  But thank you for the upvotes--I'm glad there are people out there that can have conversations with differing opinions in a respectful manner.  Those are always the most fun.

While i am a BD honk, i love SCV..............well i love all my Cali corps. I have said before, if BD has to lose any year, let it be to SCV. As long as the DCI title stays in Cali, and the west coast is representing, that's what matters. 

• Like 2

Let me make something clear, being a SCV supporter, I enjoyed BD's show tonight. I was just caught off guard how much SCV brought it tonight. It's the same feeling I got when I saw 16' Bluecoats, 13' Crown, 08' Phantom, 99' SCV, you knew this was something special.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TRacer said:

As an SCV alum who marched two “early summer powerhouse” years (i.e., where the corps would clean everyone’s clock early on and all summer long but lose steam those last few days and fail to close the deal due to dumb mistakes or whatever) my old fears of “can SC sustain it...” never seem to go away. My spider sense is that this year they can. GR’s corps could get really angry and “open a can of whoop a—“ when required, yes, but it was always...controlled...within a box...preserve the image. This year fire, swagger and downright fury have unabashedly been unleashed; if GR were alive today I’m not sure he’d agree with the “utterly in your face” approach (for example, the way the acrobatic horn player struts on the platform after their last backflip at the end drum solo, as the crowd goes wild) but that is the world now. I’m probably going to catch a lot of heat for this but so what— this year’s production to me is like “Star ‘93: Part II— This Time It’s Personal...!!!” (Said in that “Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!” Monster Truck event announcer voice.) Just a perception from this old phart. 

No no...you're quite correct.  I saw them at the Rose Bowl yesterday and they want it bad.  Can't remember the last time I saw SCV so hungry.

Kinda reminds me of BD after getting beaten in a year they should've won, actually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And further down on the sheets:  PC beat Troopers in Guard (again) and Percussion, and only 0.2 behind in Brass. Keep pushing, PC!!!

There were a few comments on previous shows about PC's brass not being as loud as similarly ranked Corps. What I'm hearing is the early emphasis is on accuracy and intonation.  Volume will come later after control is in place.

We now return you to "Clash of the Corps: SCV/BD Edition", already in progress....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

WOW, BD in percussion, wouldn't think that could happen, SCV perc has been on fire the last few years.

That's actually good news for SCV because they beat BD by a decent spread without winning percussion. 

• Like 1

Too busy with work to catch up on anything... but i have to say Congrats to Santa Clara Vanguard for this this special show, I love my BD and always thought BD SHOW WAS THE ONE TO BEAT, But i have to ADMIT Scv have the edge this year, while they are equally good in different ways, take nothing away from each corps because they are both amazing! Scv is more hungry for sure and i hope they keep the momentum up with consistency if they want to keep beating BD through out this season and take final's night.. i am surely enjoying the competition, its very good to watch real battles of the corps duke it out. Bd show is spectacularly entertaining and Vanguard is raw in your face awesome, they are both well designed shows, But Scv really bring it and it's Amazing to watch. 

• Like 1

All this BD vs SCV for the gold, remember, Bloo is on fire too and their show ain't too shabby :)