Riverside, CA - July 1, 2018

WOW, BD in percussion, wouldn't think that could happen, SCV perc has been on fire the last few years.

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Same thing happened last year. Anyone that has a chance of knocking off BD is the darlings of DCI. And it will always be that way. 

I both agree and disagree.  Some people love the "underdog" story while others simply felt that SCV, on its own merits, has an absolutely fantastic beast of a show.

At Stanford, I don't ever remember Mandarins getting a jump to your feet standing ovation in my history of watching them there.  But they have an awesome show and they deserved it.

BD is great but it just wasn't "jump to your feet great." Coming on after a show like SCV is a difficult task.  Same thing for some shows that performed after Mandarins-they just felt lackluster in comparison.

Also, I find it rather unbecoming when people try to downplay the success of abother team/corps.  I've done that myself a few times and I'm definitely not proud of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm a BK homer, but it's extremely cool to see a new corps jump into the competitive end. Mandarins, I got my eye on you and I can't wait to see you in Denver

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, friendwhale said:

I'm a BK homer, but it's extremely cool to see a new corps jump into the competitive end. Mandarins, I got my eye on you and I can't wait to see you in Denver

Mandarins won't be at Denver this year. They're doing the St. Louis regional route instead.