Top 3 Trivia

Another clue that hit me like a truck--

Andy kind of got me searching and I found that the Gay Blades were originally known as the Masonics and sponsored by a Prince Hall Masonic Lodge.

I'm thinking "20/4" is some kind of Masonic mumbo-jumbo code equivalent to Kappa Kappa Psi's "AEA". Gonna find out from two old friends who are Past Worshipful Masters of their lodges whether it is or not. Don't care what it means, just whether it's a connection to their Masonic heritage.:satisfied:

And.... to my KK-Psi Brothers out there including Big Brother Scott Litzenburg, Two thumbs up and AEA.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

Prince Hall Lancers think were a lower level Junior corps in the Midwest (Chicago?) some years back. Maybe also called Memorial Lancers. Only caught the name in DC Midwest scores in History of DC. Maybe some kind of connection. Interesting info catch W.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

might be some recordings of the Blades on DCW's site too

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Prince Hall Lancers think were a lower level Junior corps in the Midwest (Chicago?) some years back. Maybe also called Memorial Lancers. Only caught the name in DC Midwest scores in History of DC. Maybe some kind of connection. Interesting info catch W.

I believe Memorial Lancers were from East St. Louis

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

I believe Memorial Lancers were from East St. Louis

Just ran across it and you’re right St Louis in the book. 

Dang east coasters like me, any thing west of Alleghany Mountains is all the same lol

• Haha 2

Found a pic of that button:

CarverGayBlades,Newark,NJ1(1.25).jpg

The York Rite friend says the numbers aren't part of his area of knowledge. He did say to check with my Scottish Rite friend, since he thinks that's possible.

One of these was the subject of some spirited EBay bidding... I don't know if another one will ever surface, I'd love another crack at it.

Edited by BigW