The Beanpot, Lynn, MA July 2, 2018

Can someone post the caption placements? In the Bahamas and the internet service isn't good enough to access the DCI page...

7 minutes ago, Dcbae!23 said:

Why are the scores so high this year? They won't have room at the top come August! I thought they were trying to manage scores better after 2014?

It seems too early for the "Who Breaks 80 First?" thread and it's already too late.  I'm sure the historians out there will provide us with the the data.

6 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Looking at the caption breakdown, this appeared to be an outlier with some of the judging. A lot of variances from recent shows.  There’s no way guard and percussion should have changed that much from last night.  

This happened all the time when I was marching a million years ago. The tape is way more valuable than the number this time of year. It’s where you can determine the substance of the criticism. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dcbae!23 said:

interesting to note, I didn't know that. Just seems awfully early to break 80 regardless

For comparison's sake, here were the first corps to break 80 of the past three seasons and the dates on/locations at which they did so:

2017: Carolina Crown (81.9), 7/8, Orlando, FL

2016: Blue Devils (80.8), 7/9, Denver, CO

2015: Santa Clara Vanguard (81.5), 7/1, Olathe, KS

None of these corps won that respective year's championship.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

It seems too early for the "Who Breaks 80 First?" thread and it's already too late.  I'm sure the historians out there will provide us with the the data.

from looking at corpsfans.com, this is about a week earlier than last year.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Looking at the caption breakdown, this appeared to be an outlier with some of the judging. A lot of variances from recent shows.  There’s no way guard and percussion should have changed that much from last night.  

I don't know.  I think it is a better reflection of overall placement.  You have to premise the point on last night being more accurate... But each show from the start of the season has shown similar variations while maintaining placements.  It's not really all that far off.

If anything, the variation demostrates that the captions are merely slotted, but that the margins are tighter in reality.

I certainly like that Bloo brass breakdown that has their composition number still slightly higher than their proficiency.  That's the more desirable place to be at this early date.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 3

Bloooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Is there even a percussion judge tonight?

P. Furnari :blow::guinesssmilie:

Recaps

Anyone? Help a brother out...