The Beanpot, Lynn, MA July 2, 2018

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I know it is not random, but that does not make it equally difficult compared to conventional marching.

True. And the initial comment that drew raised eyebrows was the observation that conventional marching is actually ( his exact words above)  " way easier " to teach and for MM's to execute than the random, scatter drill. The notion that the conventional marching is " way easier " to teach and for youthful performers to execute than the scatter drill is simply an inaccurate observation, imo.  Each presents their own challenges, of course. But is conventional marching " way easier " than the scatter drill ? Oh heavens no. But everyone is entitled to their observations, and thats fine too.

Edited by BRASSO

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

i True. And the initial comment that drew raised eyebrows was the observation that conventional marching is ( his exact words above)  " way easier " to teach and for MM's to execute than the random, scatter drill. Eveyone is of course entitled to their observations, but the notion that that conventional marching is " way easier " than the scatter drill simply is an inaccurate observation, imo.

I said it and it is ( EXACT WORDS )  it is plain to see in most cases, chartable, easier to point out and obvious to see the form. Not even sure why I am debating it, It's not a debate, just thought adding my 2 cents would clear it up maybe especially for those who haven that to teach and clean such things, 

I can go back as far as a certain corps who did a certain war scene bitd who it was done just as the other poster thought and on their 1st tour ( which we had back then ) and new to such things as scatter drills we were told you better clean up that mess and choreograph it in tiny detail or you aren't going to get credit. After a week of figuring this thing out,  full credit was given and noticed. It is what it is.:smile:

Not saying any of it is easy but imo one is easier than the other. Only because it is obvious

Edited by GUARDLING

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

I said it and it is ( EXACT WORDS )   Not even sure why I am debating it, It's not a debate, just thought adding my 2 cents  

:smile:

I never considered this " a debate " either. lol!  So at least on that we agree, Guardling.

Just now, GUARDLING said:

You're right it really isn't debatable:biggrin:

Exactly... lol:bigsmile: