The Beanpot, Lynn, MA July 2, 2018

The first Boston area show is in the books, the second is hours away. Any thoughts?

Lineup & Times
All times ET and subject to change

7:00    Welcome & National Anthem
7:10    The Muchachos - Manchester, NH
7:28    7th Regiment - New London, CT
7:46    Spartans - Nashua, NH
8:04    Intermission
8:22    Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
8:42    The Cadets - Allentown, PA
9:00    Bluecoats - Canton, OH
9:18    Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
9:36    Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC
9:54    North Star - Peabody, MA
10:22    Scores Announced

41 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Looking forward to seeing more of Massachusetts!   

I intend to swing by the Bluecoats booth tonite, so you're in big trouble now buster. ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I intend to swing by the Bluecoats booth tonite, so you're in big trouble now buster. ( haha!)

He’s as nice in person as he is on DCP.

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Be afraid, Landry.  Be very afraid.  :laughing:

He’s handling a full tour this summer and seems to be surviving the heat wave (he said it’s worse up here than in Texas). He can probably  handle Brasso.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

He’s as nice in person as he is on DCP.

He’s handling a full tour this summer and seems to be surviving the heat wave (he said it’s worse up here than in Texas). He can probably  handle Brasso.

Thanks.  :)

It’s not hotter but it’s WAY more humid than I am used to so it feels a lot worse.  

And idk about handling Brasso.   That’s saying a lot.  :O

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hope all the corps are drinking lots of water today -- NO "full runs" at ensemble today would be my advice - just run chunks with lots of aqua breaks

Sounds like the corps had good solid runs last night and everyone improved - let's hope that's the case again today

Fans and staff too lots of WATER

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hope all the corps are drinking lots of water today -- NO "full runs" at ensemble today would be my advice - just run chunks with lots of aqua breaks

Sounds like the corps had good solid runs last night and everyone improved - let's hope that's the case again today

Fans and staff too lots of WATER

Always good advice. Fortunately today is not that bad although that may depend on where the corps is staying. I now live ten minutes away from Lynn and there’s a nice breeze, mid 80’s. Tomorrow could be an issue. Temperatures can be a bit higher in Rhode Island and Cranston is not too far from the water but I don’t recall the benefit of sea breezes at a hot show either last year or the year before.

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Always good advice. Fortunately today is not that bad although that may depend on where the corps is staying. I now live ten minutes away from Lynn and there’s a nice breeze, mid 80’s. Tomorrow could be an issue. Temperatures can be a bit higher in Rhode Island and Cranston is not too far from the water but I don’t recall the benefit of sea breezes at a hot show either last year or the year before.

And here I presumed all this hot, tropical weather was something Chris Holland arranged for added ambience for S.O.S. 

(I saw him and Jim Cronin making extra phone calls and runs to replenish the water stations at Lawrence. Quite the inspiration to see a CEO's idea of "hands on" leadership meant lugging the cases and dollies just like all his other wonderful volunteers.)

I know the Cadets will be moving from Portsmouth, NH (yes, there were ocean breezes and a great band director making sure all was hospitable and helpful; great community turn out for run-throughs) to Portsmouth, RI overlook of Bristol. Cadets traditionally do their horn-sectionals there standing in the water along the campus shore. This year it will be extra special.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2