Full Shows for Prelims

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you know the short bass drummer

I'm pretty sure I know the Drum Major (Larry Radzevic?) and the Guard Captain (Ed Cagney?).

Chip is too young. He'd be like 7 or 8 if that. :satisfied:

You really got me Jeff! I'll go way out on a limb- Eric Smith?

10 hours ago, BigW said:

I'm pretty sure I know the Drum Major (Larry Radzevic?) and the Guard Captain (Ed Cagney?).

Chip is too young. He'd be like 7 or 8 if that. :satisfied:

You really got me Jeff! I'll go way out on a limb- Eric Smith?

Sandy

On 7/3/2018 at 2:52 PM, Fran Haring said:

Heh... one time at an Eastern States show with my junior corps... Manville Crusaders.... the brass judge on one side had us up near the top, the judge on the other side zeroed us out.

I'm guessing the truth had to fall somewhere in the middle that day.  LOL.

Yeah!!  I remember that show.  it was a Sunday afternoon show in 71.  I'm not sure why but I remember the 507 Hornets were there and Latko was in a foul mood

1 hour ago, Bucbari said:

Yeah!!  I remember that show.  it was a Sunday afternoon show in 71.  I'm not sure why but I remember the 507 Hornets were there and Latko was in a foul mood

A Foul Mood with any corps director from that era would make it memorable. :lle:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 2:42 PM, Rocketman said:

I do know that my one and only year in Senior corps (73) they were abbreviated preliminary shows.

Maybe for you guys but I know at Sky we did a full show in prelims

On 7/19/2018 at 4:07 AM, Fastone said:

Maybe for you guys but I know at Sky we did a full show in prelims

That's what I remember Frankie - full shows at DCA prelims - the judging may have stopped early for time in motion but, I don't recall a shortened show - at least from 69-73

It is my understanding that the timing of a non-prelim show at that time was 11:30 minimum and 14:30 maximum. I watched the Rockets' prelim video again, this time to write down when the gunshots occurred. This first gunshot occurred at the beginning of the show. The next gunshot occurred at 10:30. The final gunshot (end of show) occurred at 11:11. If the prelim maximum was 12:00 and the full show timed at 11:45, then a corps would be able to present their full show at prelims. Does anybody know what the various timing requirements were back then?

Was Tom Argy judging DCA back then? If so, he may remember these details.

8 hours ago, traverbanking said:

It is my understanding that the timing of a non-prelim show at that time was 11:30 minimum and 14:30 maximum. I watched the Rockets' prelim video again, this time to write down when the gunshots occurred. This first gunshot occurred at the beginning of the show. The next gunshot occurred at 10:30. The final gunshot (end of show) occurred at 11:11. If the prelim maximum was 12:00 and the full show timed at 11:45, then a corps would be able to present their full show at prelims. Does anybody know what the various timing requirements were back then?

Was Tom Argy judging DCA back then? If so, he may remember these details.

Easier way, was there a concert number in the vid? Good question thou, how were Prelims timed with no concert?

Checked and have same Prelims for Westshoremen Bonnie Scots. Haven't watched for a while but no concert and goes to 9+ minutes according to DVD player.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:35 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Easier way, was there a concert number in the vid? Good question thou, how were Prelims timed with no concert?

Checked and have same Prelims for Westshoremen Bonnie Scots. Haven't watched for a while but no concert and goes to 9+ minutes according to DVD player.

Rockets did not perform a concert # in 1970 at prelims.

• Thanks 1