Full Shows for Prelims

I know prelims were required to be full shows every year from 1979 on.  Not sure about 1978, but a YouTube film from 1977 prelims suggests that concert numbers may have been omitted from the daytime round.

The DCA LPs from 1975 offer evidence of the shortened prelim routines of the 11th/12th place corps.  In 1976, the 11th/12th corps were brought back to the field after prelims to have their full music program recorded (without drill).  For many years starting in 1977, they let those 11th/12th place corps perform their full show, music and drill, in exhibition in conjunction with the final contest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I know prelims were required to be full shows every year from 1979 on.  Not sure about 1978, but a YouTube film from 1977 prelims suggests that concert numbers may have been omitted from the daytime round.

The DCA LPs from 1975 offer evidence of the shortened prelim routines of the 11th/12th place corps.  In 1976, the 11th/12th corps were brought back to the field after prelims to have their full music program recorded (without drill).  For many years starting in 1977, they let those 11th/12th place corps perform their full show, music and drill, in exhibition in conjunction with the final contest.

I don't remember us not performing our concert number in 1977.  Almost positive it was our full show, at prelims and finals that year.

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Can verify 1976 11th and 12th place corps recordings as I was part of it. Guelph and Westshore and both left everything on the field trying to make Finals. Talk about sucky recording.