Standings as of now DCA

43 minutes ago, larry p said:

First scores are 8/4. From another thread, the dci scores really do us not much good. On the other hand, love hearing the judges commentary.

So the first score is August fourth 8/4?

I view the DCI numbers as being like a HUGE picture window on a house. They may be as many as 10 points short of the number a DCA panel would assign. As the number increases, the window becomes smaller... maybe going to as small as 5 points short if the number starts getting towards 80.

They're very, very indefinite. The grain of salt to take them with is HUGE. :winky:

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, BigW said:

I view the DCI numbers as being like a HUGE picture window on a house. They may be as many as 10 points short of the number a DCA panel would assign. As the number increases, the window becomes smaller... maybe going to as small as 5 points short if the number starts getting towards 80.

They're very, very indefinite. The grain of salt to take them with is HUGE. :winky:

There is no equation to determine value of a DCI judged score on DCA sheets to a DCA judged score on DCA sheets.

If there is any common ground, it is that DCI judged performances usually result in a lower score. How much lower can be debated by others, and I’m not interested in debating the issue in the least. 

The CT administration firmly believes that their members and staff deserve to be adjudicated and their score made public. Hard work and commitment should be recognized. It is what it is. Scores will change with the next panel of opinions. 

The majority of reasonable people understand that head-to-head competition is the only way to determine placement. DCI scores are to be taken with whatever grain of salt you want to use.  

All the corps are doing well and are off to a good start. The fans are the winners. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

There is no equation to determine value of a DCI judged score on DCA sheets to a DCA judged score on DCA sheets.

If there is any common ground, it is that DCI judged performances usually result in a lower score. How much lower can be debated by others, and I’m not interested in debating the issue in the least. 

The CT administration firmly believes that their members and staff deserve to be adjudicated and their score made public. Hard work and commitment should be recognized. It is what it is. Scores will change with the next panel of opinions. 

The majority of reasonable people understand that head-to-head competition is the only way to determine placement. DCI scores are to be taken with whatever grain of salt you want to use.  

All the corps are doing well and are off to a good start. The fans are the winners. 

That's right. The problems start when people start thinking "oh, this corps only got an x at that DCI show while another corps got a Y at a DCA show, they must be better". :satisfied:

Maybe not. The corps at the DCI show might have given a better performance, but the only way you get the direct comparison is the same panel at the same contest. Heck the range window still exists when comparing DCA numbers from 2 different contests on the same weekend. It's smaller, but definitely there.

As for my thoughts on how big that DCI window is, Jim... My guess is a mathematician/statistician or Industrial Engineer could determine it given a large set of data points... but I figure my semi-educated guess is very generous and should be, based on the trends I've seen. My guess is Tradition's performing quite well, only a fool would think otherwise. Peckville will narrow the window significantly, and I think they're going to be solid there right now.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

only a few hours till the corps take the field tonight for scores.Be interesting to see where Sky fits in the Class A group,and who's moving around in Open Class ,Once again Best of Luck to all corps tonight.

• Like 1

80.35 for CV tonight in Hiram

• Thanks 1

Updated. Ordered by the highest score obtained, not the most recent score (but if the most recent score is lower, that's also noted).

Open Class

1. 82.75 -- Reading Buccaneers 7/14  (+2.65 7/7)

2. 80.70 -- Cadets2 7/14  (+4.80 7/7)

3.  80.35 -- Atlanta CV 7/14

4.  79.25 -- Hawthorne Caballeros 7/14 (+3.20 6/30)

5. 77.65 -- Fusion Core 7/14  (+4.55 7/7)

6.  72.10 -- Connecticut Hurricanes 7/14  (+0.50 7/7)

7. 72.00 -- White Sabers 6/30  (+1.80 6/23)

8. 71.25 (2.0) -- Bushwackers 7/14  (+5.95 7/7)

9. 69.35 -- Sunrisers 7/14 (+1.15 7/7)

10. 65.55 -- Cincinnati Tradition  6/25 [DCI] (most recent: 62.95 [DCI] 7/14)

11. 65.20 -- Chops Inc. 7/8 [DCI]

Class A

1. 68.50 (2.6) -- Carolina Gold 7/14

2. 63.25 (2.0) -- Southern Knights 7/14

3. 62.70 -- Govenaires 7/1 [DCI]

4. 61.70 -- Cadence 7/1 [DCUK] (+4.50 6/17 [DCUK])*

5. 59.85 (2.0) -- Sklyiners 7/14

6. 58.90 -- Thunderbirds 6/30  (+1.50 6/23)

*DCUK scores do not count for DCA Prelims seeding

No score yet: Columbus Saints, Highland Regiment