Standings as of now DCA

As a public service: (humor implied and hopefully recognized as such) Some folks not from here, will occasionally get the spelling wrong. It's all those N's and I's that make it difficult. "Cincinnati". That's how to spell our fair city's name. Follow Cincinnati with Chili and you're as close to nirvana as you'll get! For reasons that escape me, we see more Pittsburgh "Terrible Towels" here in town, than we see Bengal tiger stripes, but that's another story. Just have a 5 way and a cheese coney and enjoy our riverfront. It's been said that you need a passport to travel from the eastside to the westside, the dividing line being located halfway around the I-275 loop. If Cincinnati is just too cumbersome to employ in a conversation, here's the generally accepted alternative: "Cincy", which is considered polite slang. A cooler version is "The Nati". The correct abbreviation is as follows: "Cinti". If you book a flight to Cincinnati, you'll land at the Greater Cincinnati Airport, which is located in Kentucky. (don't ask) We know who we are.  :)

Edited by hairbear

1 hour ago, totaleefree said:

Someone could get the false idea that "Nati Boh" is from Cincy though.

why would anyone want it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hairbear said:

As a public service: (humor implied and hopefully recognized as such) Some folks not from here, will occasionally get the spelling wrong. It's all those N's and I's that make it difficult. "Cincinnati".

My college roommate freshman year, an Elder graduate, taught me how to spell the name by breaking it into three blocks:

C-I-N

C-I-N

N-A-T-I.

Here's a little quirk about Cincinnati that you surely know but don't mention: instead of saying "Excuse me?" or "Pardon me?" or "Could you repeat that?" if what they hear is unclear, a Cincinnati native will just say, "Please?"

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hairbear said:

Cincinnati with Chili and you're as close to nirvana as you'll get!

I hear it's great but from reading exactly what it is... it's kind of chili in quotes.  Ever since I saw a show with Johnny Bench eating three-way Chili... I've been wanting to have some. :laugh:

• Like 1

Atlanta CV wasn't scored today in Atlanta, but I think they'd be pretty close to Cadets2's score if they were.

Updated 7/28. Ordered by the highest score obtained, not the most recent score (but if the most recent score is lower, that's also noted).

Open Class

1. 86.95 -- Reading Buccaneers 7/28  (+4.20 7/14)

2. 85.60 -- Cadets2 7/28  (+4.90 7/14)

3. 82.825 -- Hawthorne Caballeros 7/28 (+3.575 7/14)

4. 82.20 -- White Sabers 7/28  (+10.20 6/30)

5.  80.35 -- Atlanta CV 7/14

6. 77.65 -- Fusion Core 7/14  (+4.55 7/7)

7. 76.80 (1.4) -- Bushwackers 7/28  (+5.65 7/14)

8. 73.10 -- Sunrisers 7/28 (+3.75 7/14)

9. 72.15 -- Cincinnati Tradition 7/28 (+6.60 6/25 [DCI]) [most recent: 67.75 (DCI) 7/28]

10.  72.10 -- Connecticut Hurricanes 7/14  (+0.50 7/7)

11. 65.20 -- Chops Inc. 7/8 [DCI]

Class A

1. 68.75 -- Carolina Gold 7/29 [DCI] (+0.25 7/14)

2. 67.70 -- Sklyiners (+7.85 7/14)

3. 63.25 (2.0) -- Southern Knights 7/14

4. 62.70 -- Govenaires 7/1 [DCI]

5. 61.70 -- Cadence 7/1 [DCUK] (+4.50 6/17 [DCUK])*

6. 58.90 -- Thunderbirds 6/30  (+1.50 6/23)

*DCUK scores do not count for DCA Prelims seeding

No score yet: Columbus Saints, Highland Regiment

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Just noticed that Tradition is performing in two upcoming DCI shows: Sunday in White Lake, MI and Monday in Centerville (OH).

Edited by N.E. Brigand
Mixed up two OH corps.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:32 PM, hairbear said:

As a public service: (humor implied and hopefully recognized as such) Some folks not from here, will occasionally get the spelling wrong. It's all those N's and I's that make it difficult. "Cincinnati". That's how to spell our fair city's name. Follow Cincinnati with Chili and you're as close to nirvana as you'll get! For reasons that escape me, we see more Pittsburgh "Terrible Towels" here in town, than we see Bengal tiger stripes, but that's another story. Just have a 5 way and a cheese coney and enjoy our riverfront. It's been said that you need a passport to travel from the eastside to the westside, the dividing line being located halfway around the I-275 loop. If Cincinnati is just too cumbersome to employ in a conversation, here's the generally accepted alternative: "Cincy", which is considered polite slang. A cooler version is "The Nati". The correct abbreviation is as follows: "Cinti". If you book a flight to Cincinnati, you'll land at the Greater Cincinnati Airport, which is located in Kentucky. (don't ask) We know who we are.  :)

Why so many terrible towels in your area? Just remember Picks-burg is a great place to be FROM lol.

Have so many exPittsbughers in Harrisburg there is a big mess when Ravens pre-empt the Steelers on tv locally

• Like 1

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just noticed that Tradition is performing in two upcoming DCI shows: Sunday in White Lake, MI and Monday in Centerville (OH).

That is quite a road trip for them!!!