Standings as of now DCA

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Chops got a DCI score tonight (7/31) in Farmington: 64.15.

Which is down from their DCI score three weeks earlier.

It was a Tuesday night show. They may have had holes, and I doubt they had a lot of good practice time prior to the show. Also DCI Judges are somewhat erratic when using DCA sheets.  This also goes for the corps in ATL over the weekend. I know Gold didn't have a full corps rehearsal on a field for a week before the show and had to be there by 11am, CV may have gotten a Friday runthough but to have a runthrough on Sat they would have had to have done it very early in the morning.  The point is DCI scores don't translate directly to DCA and weeknight shows by DCA corps are never an accurate reflection of what the corps will be like in DCA competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, totaleefree said:

It was a Tuesday night show. They may have had holes, and I doubt they had a lot of good practice time prior to the show. Also DCI Judges are somewhat erratic when using DCA sheets.  This also goes for the corps in ATL over the weekend. I know Gold didn't have a full corps rehearsal on a field for a week before the show and had to be there by 11am, CV may have gotten a Friday runthough but to have a runthrough on Sat they would have had to have done it very early in the morning.  The point is DCI scores don't translate directly to DCA and weeknight shows by DCA corps are never an accurate reflection of what the corps will be like in DCA competition.

feedback is the key at a DCI show. numbers have always been hit or miss

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, totaleefree said:

The point is DCI scores don't translate directly to DCA and weeknight shows by DCA corps are never an accurate reflection of what the corps will be like in DCA competition.

I believe CT DCI scores have been of great value considering the line-ups of DCI corps and International corps (Jubal) we perform with. Scores are opinions and opinions change.

CT DCI season scores: Mason 65.550, Alexandria 62.950, White Lake 67.750, Centerville 71.350 

DCA score: Peckville 72.150

No more shows until BillsPort, lot of rehearsal between then and now. Lot of work to do to get better. CT expects to be on first in DCA Prelims, it's nothing new, we're always first on.

Edited by Jim Schehr

Just now, BigW said:

First on hasn't been as huge an obstacle as it used to be, and Tradition seems to enjoy/tough out that issue. :satisfied:

Prelims before the birds are chirping, after an all night bus ride and a run through in a parking lot, circa 1983.   :)

• Haha 4

Speaking of Prelims, I just now bought my tickets for Prelims, Finals, and the Alumni Spectacular. The alumni event is general admission, so there's no way to gauge, but one month out from championship weekend, this is how sales appear to be going for Prelims and Finals.

There seem to be 3,896 seats total, distributed as follows (parentheses indicate yard lines and left/right from the audience's perspective):

Section A (L15-L25) - 529 seats

Section B (L25-L40) - 891 seats

Section C (L40-R40) - 1,024 seats

Section D (R40-R25) - 891 seats

Section E (R25-R15) - 561 seats

Note that count includes some ADA seating in the top row of sections A, B, D, and E.

Here is Prelims availability:

A - 497 seats remaining

B - 586 seats remaining

C - 564 seats remaining

D - 654 seats remaining

E - 513 seats reamining

Total Prelims availability is 2,814. That means at this point 28% of the seats have been sold.

(Seats in section C sell for $40; the rest sell for $20.)

Here is Finals availability:

A - 495 seats remaining

B - 636 seats remaining

C - 278 seats remaining

D - 619 seats remaining

E - 515 seats remaining

Total Finals availability is 2,543. That means at this point 35% of the seats have been sold.

(Seats in section C sell for $50; the rest sell for $40.)

There are still Finals tickets available 17 rows up inside the 40 yard lines.

1 hour ago, BigW said:

First on hasn't been as huge an obstacle as it used to be, and Tradition seems to enjoy/tough out that issue. :satisfied:

the ability to hold numbers til the next break helps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Speaking of Prelims, I just now bought my tickets for Prelims, Finals, and the Alumni Spectacular. The alumni event is general admission, so there's no way to gauge, but one month out from championship weekend, this is how sales appear to be going for Prelims and Finals.

There seem to be 3,896 seats total, distributed as follows (parentheses indicate yard lines and left/right from the audience's perspective):

Section A (L15-L25) - 529 seats

Section B (L25-L40) - 891 seats

Section C (L40-R40) - 1,024 seats

Section D (R40-R25) - 891 seats

Section E (R25-R15) - 561 seats

Note that count includes some ADA seating in the top row of sections A, B, D, and E.

Here is Prelims availability:

A - 497 seats remaining

B - 586 seats remaining

C - 564 seats remaining

D - 654 seats remaining

E - 513 seats reamining

Total Prelims availability is 2,814. That means at this point 28% of the seats have been sold.

(Seats in section C sell for $40; the rest sell for $20.)

Here is Finals availability:

A - 495 seats remaining

B - 636 seats remaining

C - 278 seats remaining

D - 619 seats remaining

E - 515 seats remaining

Total Finals availability is 2,543. That means at this point 35% of the seats have been sold.

(Seats in section C sell for $50; the rest sell for $40.)

There are still Finals tickets available 17 rows up inside the 40 yard lines.

we all know a tight race can help sell seats, but a month out....yikes

Mind you, I never thought to check this over the past four years. For all I know, this is an improvement on Rochester.

One nice thing Monday at the Centerville show was when the announcer, Brad Bell, mentioned Drum Corps Associates on a list of DCI sponsors.

And Tradition's booth there featured the DCA logo prominently.

• Thanks 2