Mello rips

12 minutes ago, Mega said:

Cuz it's frickin cool! I assumed you never played a mellophone. Those rips are awesome and generate so much buildup. As a horn player, you live for those rips.

I can relate as a horn player too. Trumpets shouldn't be the only group to play high and loud!

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 1

Because mellos are the best instrument in drum corps of course 

But as a serious answer, mellos have the unique position of being both a high brass instrument and being able to generate a ton of power without being mic’d up. I think modern DCI arranging is simply just starting to copy what JD Shaw has been doing since his time with phantom regiment: harnessing that power in arrangements to add impact and texture to pieces. Are some implementations un-musical? Sure. But personally I’m really enjoying corps implementing mellos as a more prominent voice in arrangements this year 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Why does every show have to have the mellos going BA-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 16 times? It really gets old. Very unmusical.

Why does every fireworks show have so many starbursts and explosions? Why?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8