Scoring questions

Alright, as a relative newbie to DCI...I had some questions about the scoring. I understand the captions etc, but my question is more of an East vs. Midwest vs. West interrogative. 

So the Blue Devils, SCV And Mandarins etc have been hitting the highest marks competng out West. Those scores have been in the upper 60s to mid 70’s. 

Out East, it’s been the Bloo coats, Carolina Crown, Boston Crusaders, Cadets setting the highest scores.. Those score are typically 3-4 pts higher than the West. Bloo popped 80 pts on 6/2/18

In the Midwest the Cavaliers hit a mid 70 score and Phantom Reg was just below that. 

So are these scores all apples to apples or do we all have to wait for a Regional to get a good benchmark for the top teams and surging competitors? 

8 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Alright, as a relative newbie to DCI...I had some questions about the scoring. I understand the captions etc, but my question is more of an East vs. Midwest vs. West interrogative. 

So the Blue Devils, SCV And Mandarins etc have been hitting the highest marks competng out West. Those scores have been in the upper 60s to mid 70’s. 

Out East, it’s been the Bloo coats, Carolina Crown, Boston Crusaders, Cadets setting the highest scores.. Those score are typically 3-4 pts higher than the West. Bloo popped 80 pts on 6/2/18

In the Midwest the Cavaliers hit a mid 70 score and Phantom Reg was just below that. 

So are these scores all apples to apples or do we all have to wait for a Regional to get a good benchmark for the top teams and surging competitors? 

You gotta wait for the regional

• Like 2

My advice is wait until the second regional to overreact to much too anything 

the first time the corps meet up is a better comparison but by the s second regional you start to get a pretty good idea 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hasn’t changed in decades.  You can be really rolling along, thinking yeah we got this...you get slapped down in one of those regionals....(insert sad trombone here) 

WaaWaaWaaWaa :exclamation:

• Haha 1

The Bluecoats were "undefeated" last year as far as scores go until July 7th. 

SCV was mostly in "5th / 6th place" up until the same date. 

In other words, throw scores out the window until regionals start. 

Better yet, throw them out the window altogether, and enjoy the show. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yeah that was it.  DCI Midwest 1977.  No soup for you. 

great brass-line; no trombones.

• Haha 1