Favorite shows and moments of 2018 so far

Definitely the Cavies. Hands down the most difficult, challenging and entertaining  show of 2018. Best moments are the chorus and horns pick up of the chorus melody. But the brilliant arrangement that weaves bolero through the whole show is amazing. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

The realization that Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Santa Clara Vanguard -- currently the top 3 scorewise -- are all performing at the Friday, August 3 Allentown Eastern Classic.

In most years, the top dogs are split between the 2-night show.

But they won’t be the top 3 by end of season this year. The top three will be SCV,  Cavaliers ,  and BD. Not necessarily in that order. But. BD will not be No 1. However, Boston might just upset this and knock out BD. 

18 minutes ago, dureau said:

But they won’t be the top 3 by end of season this year. The top three will be SCV,  Cavaliers ,  and BD. Not necessarily in that order. But. BD will not be No 1. However, Boston might just upset this and knock out BD. 

two posts in a row about your Cavaliers!  i'm glad you support them.  What other shows do you like, looking through a less homer lens?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

The realization that Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Santa Clara Vanguard -- currently the top 3 scorewise -- are all performing at the Friday, August 3 Allentown Eastern Classic.

In most years, the top dogs are split between the 2-night show.

and for all we know that could change by then. But this is why i've always said go BOTH nights

so far I have found something to like in every show I have seen. Now thats not a glowing endorsement that I have liked every show, just that I've found something to like in each. Usually thats not the case

• Like 1

Homer lens? Lol

anyway! sCV and Boston definitely have a leg up on the rest of the field. While Bloo is making big waves on GE so far they aren’t leading any captions and won’t. Crown’s show is just ok and BD is ok too. BD has another fantastic ballad and will nail GE later in season but won’t be enough to overcome SCV. SCV has a leg up on the whole season and their show is phenomenal. While Crown May very well take brass caption again, scv and cavies will vie for color guard and percussion. Bloo will come in 4th at best. And the big surprise will be Boston who has a great show this year. And they are performing at championship level. 

Just my observationd and opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so far I have found something to like in every show I have seen. Now thats not a glowing endorsement that I have liked every show, just that I've found something to like in each. Usually thats not the case

That could be because it is a very competivie balanced year at the top. Should be an exciting competive ending. 

1 hour ago, dureau said:

Alrighty then! :lle:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Well I'm not usually one to pay attention to uni's....but I REALLY LIKE the Cadets uni's this season...I mean I am pleasantly surprised by them...I wasn't sure until I saw them in motion on the field...I like the forward and backfield contrast...and they execute that part flawlessly as well...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2