Favorite shows and moments of 2018 so far

2 hours ago, dureau said:

But they won’t be the top 3 by end of season this year. The top three will be SCV,  Cavaliers ,  and BD. Not necessarily in that order. But. BD will not be No 1. However, Boston might just upset this and knock out BD. 

This is ALMOST my line of thinking, but it feels like Bloo changed their approach this year, and their show isn't gonna run out of steam as badly as it did last year. I think they hold off the Cavies, though it will be #### close.

Boston, IMHO, doesn't have a chance of medaling this year. I think catching Crown for 5th would be great (certainly doable!), but they don't have the design just yet to catch the top 4.

14 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

This is ALMOST my line of thinking, but it feels like Bloo changed their approach this year, and their show isn't gonna run out of steam as badly as it did last year. I think they hold off the Cavies, though it will be #### close.

Boston, IMHO, doesn't have a chance of medaling this year. I think catching Crown for 5th would be great (certainly doable!), but they don't have the design just yet to catch the top 4.

I wouldn’t rule out Boston in third, they have the guard which could be top three so it will come down to GE and music

but yes most likely top three at this stage appears to be Coats, BD and SCV

Boston range is 3-7 with 4/5/6 spot most likely 

• Like 5

On 7/4/2018 at 1:41 PM, bluesman said:

I hated electronics.... until Bluecoats used them to perfection in their 2014 production Tilt.

I hated singers..... until Bluecoats found a way to make it work this year.

So my favorite and most surprising moment so far this year is Bluecoats incredible vocalist.

Agree with every word!

Bluecoats soloist is BY FAR the best I've ever heard in DCI and BY FAR integrates into the jazz show better than any I've ever seen.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sideways said:

Who would have thought that something as simple as a horn snap would be the best GE moment of the year so far?

And there is no better drum lick better than an exposed snare drum roll, perfectly together with a nice clean WHACK! at the end.  :27_sunglasses:

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Agree with every word!

Bluecoats soloist is BY FAR the best I've ever heard in DCI and BY FAR integrates into the jazz show better than any I've ever seen.

I agree with your opinion, The Bluecoats have integrated all elements this year. They use electronics and vocalist extremely well, with drill and props and the color scheme is visually stunning. Class act this season! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

It’s likely gonna be Bluecoats vs SCV for Gold. BD will take the bronze (remarkable that this would be considered a controversial statement!) and I wouldn’t be surprised if Boston edges out Crown for fourth given their guard and percussion scores. Crown may be able to sustain a lead over Boston down the stretch due to their brass scores, but something has to evolve in the last third of the Crown show that we haven’t yet seen.

• Like 2

It’s anazing to me how many of you overlook the Cavies. Cavies are second right now in guard and have placed very high in percussion. And they are sitting right now within striking distance of everyone above them. They jumped 3 points in their last performance. Not to mention they are sitting in 2nd plAce general effect visual tied with BD.

This season you can throw out all the past few years stats because any one of 7 can very well end up in the top 3. 

And yes I know some of you will think I’m just a die hard Cavies fan . I am, but I also know what the motivation factor is this year and it’s goung to show up in Indy. It’s going to be a fun year

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dureau said:

It’s anazing to me how many of you overlook the Cavies. Cavies are second right now in guard and have placed very high in percussion. And they are sitting right now within striking distance of everyone above them. They jumped 3 points in their last performance. Not to mention they are sitting in 2nd plAce general effect visual tied with BD.

This season you can throw out all the past few years stats because any one of 7 can very well end up in the top 3. 

And yes I know some of you will think I’m just a die hard Cavies fan . I am, but I also know what the motivation factor is this year and it’s goung to show up in Indy. It’s going to be a fun year

I think you have a great point. Cavies book and design is strong and may have the most upside in the current design to move up. We all know BD can and will make the changes to be there at the end as well. In terms of motivation, however, I don’t think anyone has the same level as SCV, who is almost 20 years removed from their last championship and clearly has the fire this season and design to match. My guy says it’s still BD and SCV, with BLOO right there, but a hot Crown, Cavies and/or Boston could also upset the whole thing! Gonna be interesting..

Every thread turns into a ranking thread.

Haven't seen everyone yet, and no one live. All Flo so far.

• Any time you put a dozen or so tenors on the field, you're going to be my favorite. +1 Phantom
  • Bringing the old-school marching xylos out of storage. +1 Cavies
  • Melody for days. +1 Pac Crest
  • Exit Music for a Film is melt-your-face good. +1 BK
  • Black Parade is pitch-perfect programming, and pretty darn clean already. +1 Troopers
  • Just about everything. +1 SCV
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, dureau said:

I’m just not a fan of the Cavaliers show designs over the last three years.