Favorite shows and moments of 2018 so far

2 hours ago, trumpetcam said:

I think you have a great point. Cavies book and design is strong and may have the most upside in the current design to move up. We all know BD can and will make the changes to be there at the end as well. In terms of motivation, however, I don’t think anyone has the same level as SCV, who is almost 20 years removed from their last championship and clearly has the fire this season and design to match. My guy says it’s still BD and SCV, with BLOO right there, but a hot Crown, Cavies and/or Boston could also upset the whole thing! Gonna be interesting..

Agreed

I’m really digging SCV’s tubas during the humorously blatty “We pack..a wallop wallop” part during the corps’ unison dance section in drum solo as the tubas are honking away atop the platform on the 10 yard line.  At least, that’s what it sounded like on pixilated Flo (“We PACK a Wal-lop, Wal-lop; PACK a Wal-lop, Wal-lop...”)  

No, I have not been imbibing anything. Honest. :guinesssmilie:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I’m just not a fan of the Cavaliers show designs over the last three years. 

You might not be a fan, but this design team over the last 3 years have resurrected this corps. The Cavaliers have once again become a crowd favorite at an elite level. This is a championship show design with a championship level guard and a championship level Percussion section and a top 5 much improved brass. Wether you personally like a show design or not does not necessarily mean a corps doesn’t have the capability to medal and be dismissed to the 6th spot. Trust me there’s plenty of shows out there over the last 10 years that I’ve hated that proves that point.

Edited by GREENBLUE

I thought this thread was about props ... er, no ... uniforms?  No, wait ... favorite moments. Yes, that's it!

As mentioned above, when every thread devolves into who's better, they all begin to look alike. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TRacer said:

I’m really digging SCV’s tubas during the humorously blatty “We pack..a wallop wallop” part during the corps’ unison dance section in drum solo as the tubas are honking away atop the platform on the 10 yard line.  At least, that’s what it sounded like on pixilated Flo (“We PACK a Wal-lop, Wal-lop; PACK a Wal-lop, Wal-lop...”)  

No, I have not been imbibing anything. Honest. :guinesssmilie:

I was thinking the same thing. I love how the tuba on the highest platform during the dub step stomps his foot like a bull getting ready to charge. Totally fits the moment and a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I thought this thread was about props ... er, no ... uniforms?  No, wait ... favorite moments. Yes, that's it!

As mentioned above, when every thread devolves into who's better, they all begin to look alike. 

Exactly. The intention was to showcase some of the posters personal favorite shows or moments in shows. Has nothing to do with score sheets...

I personally found a handful of shows that I loved that didn't make finals last year and a few that I didn't like at all in the top 6. Now I know the performance level of say a5th place corps is much better than say 23rd place but that doesn't mean I don't personally like the 23rd place show better.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

I haven't seen anything close to all the shows yet BUT for now, I'll just name one:  The 'Oh Captain My Captain' on-top-of-the-table reveal in the Academy's show.

Edited by luv4corps

14 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

closer in OC's show. 

You just ruined it for everyone! Haha

Edited by ThePlanets

7 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

You just ruined it for everyone! Haha

You have a point.  I'll delete if you will.

Edited:  Already done!  Will republish after DATR.  It is worth the wait.  

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 12:41 PM, bluesman said:

I hated electronics.... until Bluecoats used them to perfection in their 2014 production Tilt.

I hated singers..... until Bluecoats found a way to make it work this year.

So my favorite and most surprising moment so far this year is Bluecoats incredible vocalist.

I finally watched Cavies show. The entire show is fabulous, but "Oh What a World" by Rufus Wainwright was a hoot.  It really brought a smile to my face.