DCA Livestream

Hey All,

I wanted to start a thread to offer some help with our livestream system.  I also wanted to let you know a little about what we are offering this year and how it will be different.  I'm willing to answer any and all questions about how and why we are doing certain things.

First and foremost, I'm Tim Snyder, president of BOX5 Media and also currently the brass caption head of the Mandarins.  Before that, I was the brass caption head of Troopers from 2013-2016 and Oregon Crusaders in 2017.  I've worked with Carolina Crown and the Madison Scouts.  I also write and work with Cincinnati Tradition and have done so the last 6 years.  I'm extremely vested in making this livestream product work for the DCA community.  I certainly have invested a ton of time in the activity that has given me so much as I'm sure all of you have as well.

With that said, we are offering the following products for 2018:

Peckville, PA - $14

DCA Prelims / Alumni / Mini-Corps - $39

DCA Finals / Mini-Corps - $39

Peckville, PA
This will be a two camera stream with microphones at field level.

DCA Prelims / Alumni / Mini-Corps
These will be multi-camera productions.  We will have available the option to choose your camera angle when viewing the stream.  These shows will have the option to choose wide angle and the multi-camera angle.  We will be using 3 cameras for these events.

DCA Finals
This event will be produced using 6 cameras.

• High Camera
  • Percussion Camera
  • Guard Camera
  • Camera Crane
  • Low Camera
  • Field Camera

We will offer three options for the viewer.  You can watch the high camera, multi-camera production or our multi-view option.  The multi-view option will have the Percussion Camera, Guard Camera, High Camera and Low camera available at all times.  Below is a picture of what that would look like.  In the picture, we are streaming the high camera, mid camera, camera crane and directors cut all in the same window.

multi-view.jpg

SIGNING UP
If you don't have a BOX5 account, you will need a BOX5 account.  You can visit http://dcahd.com.  Once there you will be presented with two options.  A big orange picture that says "JOIN NOW" or a place to login if you already have an account.  Once you click on "JOIN NOW"  you will be presented a page that will allow you to enter your information and select the events you're interested in.  If you have any issues, at the bottom of the page there is an orange box that currently says contact us.  Click on that and a pop up will appear and you can shoot us a quick email.  During the show that box will change to live chat and our people will help you out the best way they can.

DEVICES
We are currently working on developing an appleTV app.  I'm not certain it will be ready for the 2018 event, but we are positive it will be ready for 2019.  We have tested our streams on many different platforms.  Some people have reported issues with some smartTV's.  We are working to clear those up by September.  But we have confirmed that these streams should work on most every mobile device, computer platform (if modern and updated), xbox, playstation 3 & 4 (if updated) and some smartTV's.

Thats about all I can think of right now.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  

Tim

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thanks Tim. Look forward to seeing you again soon with CT. 

Can it be watched after if you’re at the shows live?

welp, since i'll be at both i won't be buying LOL

Is there any type of test I can run on my Smart TV to see if your product will work (LG 4K 75" - 2017 model) only months old

Thank you was getting ready to look for this

• 2 weeks later...

Ok just signed up for Peckville and Prelims/alumni. Will have to wait on Finals when I can check my social calendar lol. Shades of driving to Allentown in the 80s for Prelims and then driving straight home.

Question: is Friday night covered under either plan? Not sure way it is listed and no date.