Houston.... I mean, Katy show- July 20, 2018

Thursday at 5:46 AM, Hook'emCavies said:

Tomorrow..... :D

Its supposed to be 94 degrees by 7:30 and only cooling by the time scores "should" be announced.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I chose 2012 because things were pretty heated in Indy between Crown fans and BD fans, especially at semi's where many believed Crown had the better run (including me). However, the debates were far more heated on DCP in 2009 and 2012. I did not start posting until 2011 but I used to follow the threads and let's say they were passionate. I didn't go to Indy in 2015 though I did see it love streamed with some friends, including  die hard Crown fans thought it was BD's night.

I wasn’t on DCP for 2009 but I was for 2012 (though I was a lurker at the time, not a poster). Much of the hate for BD at the time was the apparent lack of marching and obviously the fact that everyone hated all the dissonance and chaos that naturally comes from a show about the Dada movement. 

I still will never, ever understand the fascination people have with Crown 2009 though. Puts me to sleep. 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, gjramsey said:

Right there with you on the move to Katy.  What was a 2 mile drive to the show is going to be 25-30 minutes, if I am lucky!  grrrrr

25-30 minutes. OMG, the Horror! 

The Berry Center was a nice facility. I presume they had a good reason for moving it.

Have no idea why the current incarnation of MMTI (Marching Musical Theater International) does some of the things they do.  

It's always fun migrating through Houston at rush hour on a weekday...…...   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Wow i did not know about finals incidents in Indy between the fan bases. Yes DCP lit BD up in those years and i am putting it mildly lol. 

People were loud and vociferous for certain, but I do not recall out and out brawls between fans, and if anyplace knows how to control a rowdy crowd, it would be the folks at Lucas Oil Stadium. However what was nice is that the first people to congratulate were members of Crown and BD did the same the following year.  

• Like 1

I haven’t seen anything but show titles from any Corps in waiting for today’s show. So excited!!!

• Like 1

Tonight is going to be awesome! I'll also have to drive 20 minutes instead of the 5-6 minutes to Berry center. Just for trivia -- the Legacy stadium that the show is being held at tonight stirred some controversy because it was( and is) the most expensive high school stadium ever built in Texas-- 70 million. I'll be curious to see it. Also, the stadium is closer to San Antonio and is a quick escape to I-10 to get up there.

Edited by rysa4
forgot two words
  • Like 1