Houston.... I mean, Katy show- July 20, 2018

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

Nothing surprising here.  Just demonstrating that the pairing of BD and Bloo is in fact true.  It is marginally ast true with this score as it was when BD was ahead by as much.

SCV is comfortable there, but being bested by both BD and Bloo in a couple of areas.

Bloo is managing perc better, but Boston wasn't there tonight to mix it up.

It's a dog fight for 2nd and SCV is not safe (even though they are comfortable).  I think that GE is more of a chance phenomenon with these shows than the other captions.

Good night!

Yeah, I think SCV is safe.

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Speaking of being bummed out...Cadets could possibly get passed up by BK and Phantom come finals.

Yeah I think BK has the better horn line in general, maybe better percussion, but both of those shows are really flat without a strong arc. Props and staging are irrelevant. I do like some of the big drill concepts for both shows, esp BK at the end, but there’s not a lot of GE for either.

• Like 2

Scv kinda ran away with percussion tonight 

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

I wouldn’t call it yet

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SealsMan said:

Scv kinda ran away with percussion tonight 

It’s the cymbals. Not joking. They are just flat out awe inspiring.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Nothing surprising here.  Just demonstrating that the pairing of BD and Bloo is in fact true.  It is marginally ast true with this score as it was when BD was ahead by as much.

SCV is comfortable there, but being bested by both BD and Bloo in a couple of areas.

Bloo is managing perc better, but Boston wasn't there tonight to mix it up.

It's a dog fight for 2nd and SCV is not safe (even though they are comfortable).  I think that GE is more of a chance phenomenon with these shows than the other captions.

Good night!

Guard can easily change. All 3 are incredible. only caption not in first or 2nd. They are doing just fine.

6 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Not yet.  They need to get beyond a point-ish margin.  I would bet the farm that they will after the regionals play out.  But the caption sheet remains too competitive for them to be safe.

They aren't running the board like some of those BD shows of the past.  GE is close.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1